Where the heck is my saved email????? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Where the heck is my saved email????? - Mozilla ; Using Thunderbird I had it save all email on a file called C:\Email. Then I switched webhosts. I tried to have the email (to the same email address but different server) from the new webhost sent to the same folder, ...

  1. Where the heck is my saved email?????

    Using Thunderbird I had it save all email on a file called C:\Email.

    Then I switched webhosts. I tried to have the email (to the same
    email address but different server) from the new webhost sent to the
    same folder, but it wouldn't do that, saying that the folder was
    already being used. So I opened up a subfolder for that.

    Now I can't get it to open the old email. I point an identity to the
    old Email folder. While the file exists and My Computer shows it to
    be a large folder, Thunderbird doesn't show anything there.

    Where is my old, saved email??? I need it!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Where the heck is my saved email?????

    Don wrote:
    > lawyer...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > Using Thunderbird I had it save all email on a file called C:\Email.

    > > Then I switched webhosts. *I tried to have the email (to the same
    > > email address but different server) from the new webhost sent to the
    > > same folder, but it wouldn't do that, saying that the folder was
    > > already being used. *So I opened up a subfolder for that.

    > > Now I can't get it to open the old email. *I point an identity to the
    > > old Email folder. *While the file exists and My Computer shows it to
    > > be a large folder, Thunderbird doesn't show anything there.

    > > Where is my old, saved email??? *I need it!!!!!!!!!

    > Under C find Application
    > files/Thunderbird/Profile/ Check in your TB
    > Profile and you'll find Mail. *Open taht to find
    > all your mail message folders. *Ignore the *.msf
    > files. *They are all text file so readable by any
    > text editor. *I'm certain you can take it from there.
    > HTH

    Sorry, no, that doesn't help. Either you have misunderstood or I
    have.

    I have found the mail message folder - in fact I told Thunderbird
    exactly where to put it, and it did. The file is there, and I tell
    Thunderbird where it is and to open it. But it finds nothing there.
    The computer shows the file has 62 megabites of information. But
    Thunderbird shows an empty window.

  3. Re: Where the heck is my saved email?????

    On Apr 9, 3:26*pm, squaredancer wrote:

    > take a look at the main menu>>view>>messages>>all
    >
    > see if that helps any!

    Well, that's not an option. Under "view" I can look at Folders, and
    I've specified "all." I can look at Threads and specified "all."
    There's also "Message Body" and I can view emails as either HTML,
    simple HTML or plain text.

    But there is no ability to check "messages" under "view."

    Thanks for your thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread