On Mar 23, 4:00*am, ajwh wrote:
> TomW wrote:
> > ajwh wrote:
> >> Scenario:

> >> POP3 mailbox. When I DELETE a message from the inbox, it gets deleted
> >> from the server, as I would expect.

> >> When I MOVE the message to a local folder, it goes from the inbox, but
> >> isn't deleted from the server.

> >> The result is that the server mailbox is full of messages which aren't
> >> in my inbox, so I have to go to the server from time to time to delete
> >> them.

> >> I would have thought that MOVE would do a COPY followed by a DELETE.

> >> Am I missing something?

> >> Andrew

> > To All:

> > I just started following this discussion. *My question is this.
> > Following is a pref in the config editor:

> > mail.pop3.deleteFromServerOnMove * *default * * * *boolean * * false

> > Does setting it to true do what the OP wants? *I would think so.

> > TomW

> I have just received this as a suggestion from Bugzilla, and tried it.
>
> IT WORKS!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Andrew

Certainly looks like the right setting. Unfortunately, doesn't seem
to be working for me yet. I've restarted Thunderbird and re'got'
mail. Still see the messages I moved 'local' on the server through
the web interface. Tried both dragging messages to local folders as
well as choosing move from the menu.
- jevans