Have read most all posts regarding this error in Thunderbird. I have
to change my email from Alltel to Windstream. Windstream verified I
made all correct chgs in Tools, Acct. Settings, etc., but would not
discuss error msg 10060 with me - said I must go to Thunderbird. I
can receive, but not send and get the same msg - ' mail server sent
out incorrect setting, cannot connect to smtp server. My error msg
includes the following: 208.87.33.150 (208.87.33.150.25) connect
error 10060. I am a newbie and would appreciate any help offered.
Thanks.