RSS feeds won't update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS feeds won't update - Mozilla ; For the past several days no new threads have downloaded in Thunderbird, and I cannot subscribe to new ones either. I'm using version 2.0.0.19 and Windows Vista Home Edition (32 bit.) Most of the support threads I've found on this ...

  1. RSS feeds won't update

    For the past several days no new threads have downloaded in
    Thunderbird, and I cannot subscribe to new ones either. I'm using
    version 2.0.0.19 and Windows Vista Home Edition (32 bit.)

    Most of the support threads I've found on this issue point to a
    corrupted file, but all of the support threads I've seen on this
    problem were referring to older versions of Thunderbird, XP users,
    etc.

    I've never had any problems with Thunderbird in the past except for
    occasionally receiving multiple updates of the same posts.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: RSS feeds won't update

    On Mar 12, 2:28*pm, pilgrim wrote:
    > For the past several days no new threads have downloaded in
    > Thunderbird, and I cannot subscribe to new ones either. *I'm using
    > version 2.0.0.19 and Windows Vista Home Edition (32 bit.)
    >
    > Most of the support threads I've found on this issue point to a
    > corrupted file, but all of the support threads I've seen on this
    > problem were referring to older versions of Thunderbird, XP users,
    > etc.
    >
    > I've never had any problems with Thunderbird in the past except for
    > occasionally receiving multiple updates of the same posts.
    >
    > Thanks!

    The above should read Vista Home Premium edition.

  3. Re: RSS feeds won't update

    On Mar 12, 6:26*pm, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > When you go into Account Settings, and click Manage Subscriptions, do
    > you see your feeds listed? *Is there a drop dawn arrow next to them,
    > allowing you to see the feed url?

    All of the feed URL's appear to be there. It just won't update any of
    them. When I click the "Get Mail" drop down and then "News and Blogs"
    it will tell me that about 3 of them are not valid URL's. It's not
    out of the ordinary for that to happen from time to time, but in the
    past it would still update the other feeds. Also, when I try to add a
    new feed it just sits there and does nothing.

  4. Re: RSS feeds won't update

    On Mar 12, 7:35*pm, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > That's out of my experience, I am afraid. *Try exporting the feeds as an
    > OPML file, then set up a new account and import that same OPML file.
    > I'm not sure that would work, but its something to try.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee,

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Since I am not currently using Thunderbird with my main email account
    anyway, I have simply downloaded the Omea Reader and exported the
    feeds there instead.

+ Reply to Thread