Using TB 2.0.0.18, new Newsserver, need to give login and P-word,how? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Using TB 2.0.0.18, new Newsserver, need to give login and P-word,how? - Mozilla ; Hi all - Using Thunderbird 2.0.0.18, on a wintel XP machine. I signed up for a news server (motzarella.org). They require me to give a username and password before I can subscribe to anything interesting. But I don't see a ...

  1. Using TB 2.0.0.18, new Newsserver, need to give login and P-word,how?

    Hi all -

    Using Thunderbird 2.0.0.18, on a wintel XP machine.

    I signed up for a news server (motzarella.org). They require me to
    give a username and password before I can subscribe to anything
    interesting. But I don't see a place in the T-bird Server Settings to
    allow me to do that. Any suggestions?

    best -

    chris

  2. Re: Using TB 2.0.0.18, new Newsserver, need to give login and P-word,how?

    On Dec 20, 4:46 pm, Klaas Visser wrote:
    > shorb wrote:
    > > Hi all -

    > > Using Thunderbird 2.0.0.18, on a wintel XP machine.

    > > I signed up for a news server (motzarella.org). They require me to
    > > give a username and password before I can subscribe to anything
    > > interesting. But I don't see a place in the T-bird Server Settings to
    > > allow me to do that. Any suggestions?

    > > best -

    > > chris

    > It's been awhile since I needed to do this, but I think if you check the
    >
    > "Always request authentication when connecting to this server"
    >
    > option, you'll be prompted for a username and password on first
    > connection, and which you can then flag to be remembered.
    >
    > --
    > Klaas Visser
    > Sydney, Australia
    >
    > "Always and never are two words you
    > should always remember never to use."

    That worked I think - in the subscribe window it's downloading some
    20,000+ newsgroups.

    best -

    chris

+ Reply to Thread