Moving to a new computer - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Moving to a new computer - Mozilla ; Hello I have just purchased a new computer. Is there a way to successfully move all my stored Thunderbird emails, addresses etc to the new computer ? In case it is relevant the old computer ran Windows 2000 SP4 & ...

  1. Moving to a new computer

    Hello

    I have just purchased a new computer. Is there a way to successfully
    move all my stored Thunderbird emails, addresses etc to the new
    computer ?

    In case it is relevant the old computer ran Windows 2000 SP4 & the new
    one has Windows XP Pro SP3.

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    Cheers

  2. Re: Moving to a new computer

    On Dec 21, 9:45*am, Big_Al wrote:
    > jg2005 said this on 12/20/2008 5:37 PM:
    >
    > > Hello

    > > I have just purchased a new computer. Is there a way to successfully
    > > move all my stored Thunderbird emails, addresses etc to the new
    > > computer ?

    > > In case it is relevant the old computer ran Windows 2000 SP4 & the new
    > > one has Windows XP Pro SP3.

    > > Thanks in advance for any advice.

    > > Cheers

    > I've just copied the
    > * * C:\documents and settings\\application
    > data\thunderbird\profiles folder and the profile.ini file.
    >
    > Just install thunderbird and don't run it. * Copy these folders and
    > files and then run thunderbird.

    Many, many thanks for your help.

    I followed your directions and it worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

    Happy Christmas.

+ Reply to Thread