Font query - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Font query - Mozilla ; I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.18. When I write an email all the font sizes & styles appear at my end as uniform in size & font but at the receiver's end it comes out in say two different fonts & two ...

  1. Font query

    I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.18. When I write an email all the font sizes &
    styles appear at my end as uniform in size & font but at the
    receiver's end it comes out in say two different fonts & two different
    sizes. Wondering if anyone would know why?

    Cheers

  2. Re: Font query

    On Nov 24, 4:02*pm, "Ron K." wrote:
    > jg2005 on 11/23/2008 9:50 PM, keyboarded a reply:
    >
    > > I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.18. When I write an email all the font sizes &
    > > styles appear at my end as uniform in size & font but at the
    > > receiver's end it comes out in say two different fonts & two different
    > > sizes. Wondering if anyone would know why?

    > > Cheers

    > Which Writing mode are You using, HTML or Text Plain? What send mode are
    > You using, Text Only, HTML, or Both?
    >
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    Hi, I am using HTML writing mode &HTML for sending. Thanks

  3. Re: Font query

    On Nov 24, 8:00*pm, Arivald wrote:
    > jg2005 pisze:
    >
    > > I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.18. When I write an email all the font sizes &
    > > styles appear at my end as uniform in size & font but at the
    > > receiver's end it comes out in say two different fonts & two different
    > > sizes. Wondering if anyone would know why?

    > > Cheers

    > You and receiver have set different default fonts.
    >
    > When you send plain-text message, you have no way to tell receiver's
    > mail client how font you use to send. His mail client will use his own
    > preference font face and size.
    >
    > On the other hand, in HTML you can specifu font faces and sizes... But
    > by default, TB try to not force receiver to use your font.
    > For example:
    > * * If You use "Variable Width" font setting, TB will not add any font
    > face or size to message. This font will be viewed by receiver using his
    > preferred "Variable Width" font.
    > * * If You use "Fixed Width" font setting,TB will insert HMTL
    > element, again without any specific font setting. And again only
    > receiver settings select his font.
    > * * If You use "Body text", "Paragraph", "Heading X" or "Preformat"
    > options - again TB use some HTML tags to mark text, but does not include
    > any font face or size information.
    > * * Similar situation happens when you use "Smaller/Larger font size"
    > buttons. They only marks some text should be smaller/larger than
    > surrounding text.
    >
    > So for real, default TB will send font face setting only if you select
    > it from Font selector.
    >
    > --
    > Arivald

    Thanks for your reply. I now understand a lot more about this subject.
    Appreciate your detailed response.