Re: TB plug-in for FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: TB plug-in for FF - Mozilla ; On Nov 21, 4:56*pm, mozzie wrote: > LEHenryJr wrote: > > mozzie wrote: > >> Has anyone actually made a plug-in for Portable TB that can "point" to > >> an FF installation? > > > Maybe this could help ...

  1. Re: TB plug-in for FF

    On Nov 21, 4:56*pm, mozzie wrote:
    > LEHenryJr wrote:
    > > mozzie wrote:
    > >> Has anyone actually made a plug-in for Portable TB that can "point" to
    > >> an FF installation?

    > > Maybe this could help you...

    > > Did your friend send you a cool link? Don't want to open up your web
    > > browser to view the link? You don't have to! Just view it in Thunderbird
    > > with ThunderBrowse!

    > >https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5373

    > > -------------------------------------
    > > LEHenryJr

    > > How 'bout this; When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    > > ~ Yogi Berra

    > That plug-in killed browsrbounce very badly coded that one.

    actually browsrbounce is supposed 2 be removed by thunderbrowse as
    there would be a conflict if it didn't.

    browsrbounce and thunderbrowse are written by the same company.

  2. Re: TB plug-in for FF

    On Nov 22, 8:00*pm, incognite wrote:
    > shows.G4Tec...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> That plug-in killed browsrbounce very badly coded that one.

    > > actually browsrbounce is supposed 2 be removed by thunderbrowse as
    > > there would be a conflict if it didn't.

    > > browsrbounce and thunderbrowse are written by the same company.

    > Ok, but is there the reverse of what I've just asked?

    Not sure what exactly the question is but let me know if this answers
    it:
    ThunderBrowse has browsing capabilities and can do everything that
    browsrbounce does (browsrbounce is based off the thunderbrowse browser
    launching code [this is where the conflict originates from]).

    The options provide the ability to define the browser you want to
    launch to on various events (such as middle click or the Visit in
    Browser menu item or Ctrl clicking).

    The options also have a help button that when pressed brings up a
    description of all the options.

    The newest version of ThunderBrowse has a better organized and easier
    to understand options dialog. Also, the dev version of ThunderBrowse
    also supports the %Drive% parameter (currently Browsrbounce is the
    only released product that reads that value).

    A beta for the new ThunderBrowse is supposed to come soon (I can't
    promise anything because my dev computer died and I have to do
    everything on my Wii, which is quite tedious).

  3. Re: TB plug-in for FF

    On Nov 24, 4:49*am, incognite wrote:
    > shows.G4Tec...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> Ok, but is there the reverse of what I've just asked?

    > > Not sure what exactly the question is but let me know if this answers
    > > it:
    > > ThunderBrowse has browsing capabilities and can do everything that
    > > browsrbounce does (browsrbounce is based off the thunderbrowse browser
    > > launching code [this is where the conflict originates from]).

    > > The options provide the ability to define the browser you want to
    > > launch to on various events (such as middle click or the Visit in
    > > Browser menu item or Ctrl clicking).

    > > The options also have a help button that when pressed brings up a
    > > description of all the options.

    > > The newest version of ThunderBrowse has a better organized and easier
    > > to understand options dialog. Also, the dev version of ThunderBrowse
    > > also supports the %Drive% parameter (currently Browsrbounce is the
    > > only released product that reads that value).

    > > A beta for the new ThunderBrowse is supposed to come soon (I can't
    > > promise anything because my dev computer died and I have to do
    > > everything on my Wii, which is quite tedious).

    > Sorry to reply again.
    >
    > I was asking for a similar plug-in for FireFox that ensures that mailto:
    > links are opened by thunderbird instead of again the default mail client
    > on the system and if something exists that does the %%
    >
    > thanks

    I know Firefox can be configured to launch mailto: links by default
    (however, I don't think it uses a dynamic path).

    The only extension I can think of that could do this would be Launchy
    for Firefox.

  4. Re: TB plug-in for FF

    On Nov 23, 6:49*pm, incognite wrote:
    > shows.G4Tec...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> Sorry to reply again.

    > >> I was asking for a similar plug-in for FireFox that ensures that mailto:
    > >> links are opened by thunderbird instead of again the default mail client
    > >> on the system and if something exists that does the %%

    > >> thanks

    > > I know Firefox can be configured to launch mailto: links by default
    > > (however, I don't think it uses a dynamic path).

    > > The only extension I can think of that could do this would be Launchy
    > > for Firefox.

    > Ah yes, thanks for that reply and information.
    >
    > It is true that the Launchy add-in does not use a "dynamic path" either
    > and this is unfortunate, especially for things like these Portable
    > Applications.
    >
    > Maybe there's a brilliant dev god out there who can bring a depth of use
    > not seen or imagined up until now.
    >
    > Best regards

    Actually, Launchy uses %GeckoDrive%, thus making it be able to work
    with portable firefox.

  5. Re: TB plug-in for FF

    On Nov 25, 12:27*am, incognite wrote:
    > shows.G4Tec...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >> Ah yes, thanks for that reply and information.

    > >> It is true that the Launchy add-in does not use a "dynamic path" either
    > >> and this is unfortunate, especially for things like these Portable
    > >> Applications.

    > >> Maybe there's a brilliant dev god out there who can bring a depth of use
    > >> not seen or imagined up until now.

    > >> Best regards

    > > Actually, Launchy uses %GeckoDrive%, thus making it be able to work
    > > with portable firefox.

    > I don't seem to be able to point anywhere or "enable" any programs that
    > aren't already enabled.

    Well, I'm not an expert at Launchy, so you'll have to ask someone who
    is a bit more knowledgable on the subject.

+ Reply to Thread