Firefox 3.0.3 + Search Engines (Google etc.) + Vista = Slow/No loading - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 3.0.3 + Search Engines (Google etc.) + Vista = Slow/No loading - Mozilla ; Hi, I have Firefox 3.0.3 on Vista Ultimate. It was working fine until recently but now I have noticed that links from search engine results are not loading most of the time. I am clueless about this performance hit. A ...

  1. Firefox 3.0.3 + Search Engines (Google etc.) + Vista = Slow/No loading

    Hi,

    I have Firefox 3.0.3 on Vista Ultimate. It was working fine until
    recently but now I have noticed that links from search engine results
    are not loading most of the time. I am clueless about this performance hit.

    A similar search using IE browser is working fine.

    I have reinstalled my laptop but Firefox and Search Engine results are
    not getting redirected. Here are a few sample links from the results
    from Google. The search topic was "Fall colors New England"

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...aWYwIgqvcB6HYg

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...cP9O_FCj0af-Qg

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...qbFbehe_OXkJRg

    Could someone please let me know what is happening? Is there a new form
    of DoS attack that we are not aware of? Are search engines throttling
    performance to promote their own browsers?

    Everything was working great until about 3 weeks ago.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you in advance.

    NJ

  2. Re: Firefox 3.0.3 + Search Engines (Google etc.) + Vista = Slow/Noloading

  3. Re: Firefox 3.0.3 + Search Engines (Google etc.) + Vista = Slow/No loading

    "Neil Jones"
    > I have Firefox 3.0.3 on Vista Ultimate. It was working fine until
    > recently but now I have noticed that links from search engine results
    > are not loading most of the time. I am clueless about this performance hit.
    >
    > Could someone please let me know what is happening? Is there a new form
    > of DoS attack that we are not aware of? Are search engines throttling
    > performance to promote their own browsers?

    Not sure I understand what you are saying. But I expect that you are expecting
    each link to open in a new tab, and that does not happen in Google by default.
    See if the reply to another question helps.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...2d@mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread