€ in xul - Mozilla

This is a discussion on € in xul - Mozilla ; People, My googling of this seems to indicate that it is a predefined entity: We also define the entity for EURO SIGN as follows. comes from http://xml.coverpages.org/xul-styleguide20000403.html However my extension vanishes when I try to include € in my xul ...

  1. € in xul

    People,

    My googling of this seems to indicate that it is a predefined entity:

    We also define the entity for EURO SIGN as follows.

    comes from http://xml.coverpages.org/xul-styleguide20000403.html

    However my extension vanishes when I try to include € in my xul
    (as part of the label of a button).

    "AT&T"

    works like a charm, but

    "AT€T"

    and my toolbar vanishes silently.

    Irregardless of me declaring the XUL to be UTF-8 or UTF-16.
    Advice, welcome.

    Lost in the unicode jungle,

    Ian.

  2. Re: € in xul

    Ian A. Mason wrote:
    > People,
    >
    > My googling of this seems to indicate that it is a predefined entity:
    >

    > We also define the entity for EURO SIGN as follows.

    I'm pretty sure that quote means that this specific XUL author predefines
    the euro entity... not that XUL does it by default.

    I suggest just using € in your code.

    --BDS

  3. Re: € in xul

    > I suggest just using € in your code.

    Excellent suggestion, I thought I had tried every combination
    \u20AC, &x20AC;, ...
    but it appears that I didn't try it with the hex x!

    Thank you.

  4. Re: € in xul

    Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

    >Ian A. Mason wrote:
    >

    >>My googling of this seems to indicate that it is a predefined entity:
    >>

    >>We also define the entity for EURO SIGN as follows.
    >>

    >I'm pretty sure that quote means that this specific XUL author predefines the euro entity... not that XUL does it by default.

    Only XHTML gets to use XHTML entities by default although chrome XUL can
    obviously declare the XHTML entity dtd if necessary.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

+ Reply to Thread