How To Create Toolbar Buttons To Go To A Specific Website? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How To Create Toolbar Buttons To Go To A Specific Website? - Mozilla ; I am going to configure a special windows pc that will permit me to toss my satellite dish and just get tv programming off the internet for viewing. This configuration will be a little complex for my wife who hates ...

  1. How To Create Toolbar Buttons To Go To A Specific Website?

    I am going to configure a special windows pc that will permit me to toss
    my satellite dish and just get tv programming off the internet for viewing.

    This configuration will be a little complex for my wife who hates such
    things. So I am looking to make things really explicit and easy to use.
    I plan to create a really stripped-down Firefox install and want to have
    large, clearly labeled toolbar buttons (basically all that would be
    shown) which go to a specific website when pressed. This is like having
    a bookmark item on the Personal Toolbar but larger and easier to see/use.

    How can I create these buttons? Is there an addon that can help? I have
    taken a quick look but saw nothing on-target.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How To Create Toolbar Buttons To Go To A Specific Website?

    On Nov 7, 12:59*pm, whitedav...@fastmail.us wrote:
    > I am going to configure a special windows pc that will permit me to toss
    > my satellite dish and just get tv programming off the internet for viewing.
    >
    > This configuration will be a little complex for my wife who hates such
    > things. So I am looking to make things really explicit and easy to use.
    > I plan to create a really stripped-down Firefox install and want to have
    > large, clearly labeled toolbar buttons (basically all that would be
    > shown) which go to a specific website when pressed. This is like having
    > a bookmark item on the Personal Toolbar but larger and easier to see/use.
    >
    > How can I create these buttons? Is there an addon that can help? I have
    > taken a quick look but saw nothing on-target.
    >
    > Thanks

    Not sure about that one, but another option you may want to consider
    is to create a simple web page with those buttons, save to your local
    drive and set that as your home page. Then your wife can simply click
    on the home icon whenever she wishes to get those buttons. You could
    keep the first tab open with that home page for convenience if you
    wanted. This approach would allow you to size the buttons as you
    want, and use whatever icon/picture you want. I did this for some
    school kids once, using a recognizable graphic from each of the sites
    as the button on that page.

    JB

  3. Re: How To Create Toolbar Buttons To Go To A Specific Website?

    On 11/7/08 12:59 PM, _whitedavidp@fastmail.us_ spoke thusly:
    > I am going to configure a special windows pc that will permit me to toss
    > my satellite dish and just get tv programming off the internet for viewing.
    >
    > This configuration will be a little complex for my wife who hates such
    > things. So I am looking to make things really explicit and easy to use.
    > I plan to create a really stripped-down Firefox install and want to have
    > large, clearly labeled toolbar buttons (basically all that would be
    > shown) which go to a specific website when pressed. This is like having
    > a bookmark item on the Personal Toolbar but larger and easier to see/use.
    >
    > How can I create these buttons? Is there an addon that can help? I have
    > taken a quick look but saw nothing on-target.

    I suggest you create a desktop shortcut.

    Other than that, there may be an add-on built for your specific tv
    service, or at least one that adds the ability to create such a button.

    --
    Chris Ilias