WLM hotmail access goes to IE not FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on WLM hotmail access goes to IE not FF - Mozilla ; Didn't know where to post this . . . the FF NG here or the TB NG. Since it's relative to mail and FF, it seems to straddle these NG's, but it seems to apply more to FF than TB. ...

  1. WLM hotmail access goes to IE not FF

    Didn't know where to post this . . . the FF NG here or the TB NG. Since
    it's relative to mail and FF, it seems to straddle these NG's, but it
    seems to apply more to FF than TB. Actually, maybe I should post it on
    a MS NG, since it's also relative to MS.

    I have FF set as my default browser. In WLM Messenger, when I click on
    "Open your email inbox" (the link to hotmail), it opens up in IE rather
    than FF.

    However, I CAN access my hotmail account via FF, so that's not the problem.

    For some reason though, WLM defaults to IE.

    I'm assuming this is simply because WLM is a Microsoft product, so the
    answer may be obvious.

    But is there any way I can get the WLM hotmail link to open in FF? I've
    tried right clicking, the catch-all solution for a lot of stuff in
    Windoze, but no joy there.

    I cringe everytime IE opens up and it's not in a sandbox (which is how
    it opens from WLM). (I think I'll leave this comment out if I post on a
    MS NG).

    --
    BJ

    Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

  2. Re: WLM hotmail access goes to IE not FF

  3. Re: WLM hotmail access goes to IE not FF

    On Nov 6, 2:57*pm, BJ
    wrote:
    > Didn't know where to post this . . . the FF NG here or the TB NG. *Since
    > it's relative to mail and FF, it seems to straddle these NG's, but it
    > seems to apply more to FF than TB. *Actually, maybe I should post it on
    > a MS NG, since it's also relative to MS.
    >
    > I have FF set as my default browser. *In WLM Messenger, when I click on
    > "Open your email inbox" (the link to hotmail), it opens up in IE rather
    > than FF.
    >
    > However, I CAN access my hotmail account via FF, so that's not the problem.
    >
    > For some reason though, WLM defaults to IE.
    >
    > I'm assuming this is simply because WLM is a Microsoft product, so the
    > answer may be obvious.
    >
    > But is there any way I can get the WLM hotmail link to open in FF? *I've
    > tried right clicking, the catch-all solution for a lot of stuff in
    > Windoze, but no joy there.
    >
    > I cringe everytime IE opens up and it's not in a sandbox (which is how
    > it opens from WLM). *(I think I'll leave this comment out if I post on a
    > MS NG).
    >
    > --
    > BJ
    >
    > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    > Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

    I'm unfortunately having the same problem. It's enough to drive a guy
    insane. If Microsoft is really the big great company it makes itself
    out to be, should it not allow users to decide which browser they want
    on their own? Anyway, I've seen numerous posts saying that if you
    install windows live Plus! and Stuffplug you can get around this
    problem. The only thing is that I've had WLP! a long time ago and it
    was chock full of malware/spyware/trojans. Basically, I'm never
    downloading that **** again. I've been scouring the net for hours for
    answers on this problem, but so far I've found nothing other than the
    above solution.

+ Reply to Thread