Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 - Mozilla ; Q wrote: > In , > squaredancer wrote: > >> On 09.11.2008 03:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Q to >> generate the following:? : >>> On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:37:11 -0800 >>> Peter Potamus the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

    Q wrote:
    > In ,
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 09.11.2008 03:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Q to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>> On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:37:11 -0800
    >>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    >>> Cool -- I didn't know SeaMonkey had that feature. With Firefox, I
    >>> have to use an extension to get it. I think there are others, but
    >>> the one I use is Tab Scope, .

    >> Q - did you look under about:config (in TB) to see if your extension
    >> has put that line there??
    >> (browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable)

    > Nope. The extension is only for Firefox. I didn't even know
    > Thunderbird had tabs.

    Say what!!!.

    Tabs, are in all the mozilla stuff. and I have turned them off in
    everything except for preferences items.

    your not missing much.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  2. Re: Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > Q wrote:
    >> In ,
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 09.11.2008 03:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Q to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    >>> Q - did you look under about:config (in TB) to see if your extension
    >>> has put that line there??
    >>> (browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable)

    >> Nope. The extension is only for Firefox. I didn't even know
    >> Thunderbird had tabs.
    >>

    > Say what!!!.
    >
    > Tabs, are in all the mozilla stuff. and I have turned them off in
    > everything except for preferences items.
    >
    > your not missing much.

    so Phil, what you're saying is you can get tabs in
    Thunderbird and SeaMonkey mail?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

    On 11/10/08 4:02 PM, _Phillip Jones, C.E.T._ spoke thusly:
    > Q wrote:
    >> Nope. The extension is only for Firefox. I didn't even know
    >> Thunderbird had tabs.
    >>

    > Say what!!!.

    "what"

    > Tabs, are in all the mozilla stuff. and I have turned them off in
    > everything except for preferences items.

    Thunderbird 2 does not have tabs; nor does any previous version of
    Thunderbird. (but Thunderbird 3 will have tabs)

    Not that it matters, because |browser.tabs.tooltippreview.enable| is
    SeaMonkey-specific.
    --
    Chris Ilias

  4. Re: Disable graphical quoting in Thunderbird 2.0.0.17

    Hm. So, having installed QuoteColors, I did manage to get rid of the
    annoying blockquoting, but now any time I quote text and email it to
    someone, Thunderbird inserts a space before each ">" mark. The result
    is something like this:

    > text

    instead of:

    > text

    That is certainly NOT present in the text before I hit Send.

    Anyone cares to tell me how I can get rid of this "improvement"?

    I have to say that this desire to outguess my intentions in the email
    body (first the silly blockquotes, now this) smacks more of Microsoft
    than what I was hoping for from Mozilla.

    Pity no one ports elm to Windows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3