Re: Hotmail - stopped working.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Hotmail - stopped working.... - Mozilla ; Raskolnikoff wrote: > Girard Aquino wrote: > > >> Mine is still working fine. I do get that error message occasionally, >> but have found restarting TB to be effective. Don't know about the >> reason for this, but I ...

  1. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    Raskolnikoff wrote:
    > Girard Aquino wrote:
    >

    >> Mine is still working fine. I do get that error message occasionally,
    >> but have found restarting TB to be effective. Don't know about the
    >> reason for this, but I am thinking that there seems to be a problem
    >> with the loading of extensions.. just a guess, but this always works.
    >> Sometimes I would have to restart twice, but more often than not, one
    >> restart would do. Can you confirm if this works?
    >>

    > Hi Girard,
    >
    > Tried numerous restarts/reboots but no effect, still cannot get mail.
    >
    > Like others have said, hopefully the hotmail add-on will be updated soon.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kol

    hmmm... that's odd since mine is working quite well. I'm on XP with TB
    2.0.0.17 and Webmail 1.3.2 with Webmail-Hotmail 1.2.18. I have my
    options set to use the Hotmail Live (New Website) in the add ons
    options. I also have four accounts setup. 1 with yahoo, 1 hotmail and 2
    gmail accounts. only hotmail runs with the webmail extension though.

  2. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    Girard Aquino wrote:
    > Raskolnikoff wrote:
    >> Girard Aquino wrote:
    >>

    >>> Mine is still working fine. I do get that error message occasionally,
    >>> but have found restarting TB to be effective. Don't know about the
    >>> reason for this, but I am thinking that there seems to be a problem
    >>> with the loading of extensions.. just a guess, but this always works.
    >>> Sometimes I would have to restart twice, but more often than not, one
    >>> restart would do. Can you confirm if this works?
    >>>

    >> Hi Girard,
    >>
    >> Tried numerous restarts/reboots but no effect, still cannot get mail.
    >>
    >> Like others have said, hopefully the hotmail add-on will be updated soon.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Kol
    >>

    > hmmm... that's odd since mine is working quite well. I'm on XP with TB
    > 2.0.0.17 and Webmail 1.3.2 with Webmail-Hotmail 1.2.18. I have my
    > options set to use the Hotmail Live (New Website) in the add ons
    > options. I also have four accounts setup. 1 with yahoo, 1 hotmail and 2
    > gmail accounts. only hotmail runs with the webmail extension though.

    Any Company that does not allow you to collect/send mail using SMTP/POP3
    will always have this problem when the webmail page login screen
    changes. In this case it is the hotmail and live web pages.

    You will still be able to go to the Hotmail / Live web page, login and
    read your mail.

    Get yourself a yahoo or google account. These 2 companies allow you to
    set up TB (or any email client) to fetch your mail using SMTP/POP3 - no
    webmail plug in is needed.

    --
    Kevin Pugh

  3. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    >> __________________________________________________ _______________
    >>

    > Any Company that does not allow you to collect/send mail using SMTP/POP3
    > will always have this problem when the webmail page login screen
    > changes. In this case it is the hotmail and live web pages.
    >
    > You will still be able to go to the Hotmail / Live web page, login and
    > read your mail.
    >
    > Get yourself a yahoo or google account. These 2 companies allow you to
    > set up TB (or any email client) to fetch your mail using SMTP/POP3 - no
    > webmail plug in is needed.

    Actually Yahoo in the U.S. doesn't allow it either. You have to have the
    web mail and Yahoo extension or something like it to fetch pop3 mail
    from Yahoo unless you pay a monthly fee for there pop service.

    Regards
    Keith

  4. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    Keith N. McKenna wrote:

    >>> __________________________________________________ _______________
    >>>

    >> Any Company that does not allow you to collect/send mail using SMTP/POP3
    >> will always have this problem when the webmail page login screen
    >> changes. In this case it is the hotmail and live web pages.
    >>
    >> You will still be able to go to the Hotmail / Live web page, login and
    >> read your mail.
    >>
    >> Get yourself a yahoo or google account. These 2 companies allow you to
    >> set up TB (or any email client) to fetch your mail using SMTP/POP3 - no
    >> webmail plug in is needed.
    >>

    > Actually Yahoo in the U.S. doesn't allow it either. You have to have the
    > web mail and Yahoo extension or something like it to fetch pop3 mail
    > from Yahoo unless you pay a monthly fee for there pop service.
    >
    > Regards
    > Keith

    Yes this is the impression that the yahoo web page gives you here in the
    UK. But if you search you can set up the yahoo account options to allow
    you to fetch your mail using outlook express etc ... Try search the web
    using "yahoo and outlook" this should lead you in the right direction.

    --
    Kevin Pugh

  5. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    NewsGroup wrote:

    >>> Any Company that does not allow you to collect/send mail using SMTP/POP3
    >>> will always have this problem when the webmail page login screen
    >>> changes. In this case it is the hotmail and live web pages.
    >>>
    >>> You will still be able to go to the Hotmail / Live web page, login and
    >>> read your mail.
    >>>
    >>> Get yourself a yahoo or google account. These 2 companies allow you to
    >>> set up TB (or any email client) to fetch your mail using SMTP/POP3 - no
    >>> webmail plug in is needed.
    >>>

    >> Actually Yahoo in the U.S. doesn't allow it either. You have to have the
    >> web mail and Yahoo extension or something like it to fetch pop3 mail
    >> from Yahoo unless you pay a monthly fee for there pop service.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Keith

    > Yes this is the impression that the yahoo web page gives you here in the
    > UK. But if you search you can set up the yahoo account options to allow
    > you to fetch your mail using outlook express etc ... Try search the web
    > using "yahoo and outlook" this should lead you in the right direction.

    The follwoing link help you set up your email client to fetch mail from
    a yahoo account using SMTP/POP3

    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-08.html

    Before you do that, you must change your options in your Yahoo account
    to allow your email in yahoo to be collected using outlook, TB etc ...

    This is what you do:
    ====================
    Log In to your Yahoo WebMail Account using Internet Explorer (or other
    web browser)

    In the MAIL Classic Interface
    =============================

    Top right of the screen select: 'Options'->'Mail Options'

    Under the 'Management' Pane select: 'POP Access and Forwarding'

    On the next screen, select the radio button: 'Web & POP Access'

    Then press the save button (bottom right of the screen).

    You will then be able to fetch your email without the need for the TB
    plug-in.

    As I understand it, google allows you to do the same thing. Hotmail/Live
    does not - hence the plug-in.

    --
    Kevin Pugh

  6. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    NewsGroup wrote:
    > NewsGroup wrote:

    >>> Actually Yahoo in the U.S. doesn't allow it either. You have to have the
    >>> web mail and Yahoo extension or something like it to fetch pop3 mail
    >>> from Yahoo unless you pay a monthly fee for there pop service.
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Keith

    >> Yes this is the impression that the yahoo web page gives you here in the
    >> UK. But if you search you can set up the yahoo account options to allow
    >> you to fetch your mail using outlook express etc ... Try search the web
    >> using "yahoo and outlook" this should lead you in the right direction.
    >>

    > The follwoing link help you set up your email client to fetch mail from
    > a yahoo account using SMTP/POP3
    >
    > http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-08.html
    >

    > Before you do that, you must change your options in your Yahoo account
    > to allow your email in yahoo to be collected using outlook, TB etc ...
    >
    > This is what you do:
    > ====================
    > Log In to your Yahoo WebMail Account using Internet Explorer (or other
    > web browser)
    >
    > In the MAIL Classic Interface
    > =============================
    >
    > Top right of the screen select: 'Options'->'Mail Options'
    >
    > Under the 'Management' Pane select: 'POP Access and Forwarding'
    >
    > On the next screen, select the radio button: 'Web & POP Access'
    >
    > Then press the save button (bottom right of the screen).
    >
    > You will then be able to fetch your email without the need for the TB
    > plug-in.
    >

    > As I understand it, google allows you to do the same thing. Hotmail/Live
    > does not - hence the plug-in.

    And in the U.S. mailplus is a paid service from Yahoo. I believe that
    it is still free in the U.K., but here in the states it has been a pay
    service for many years. That is why the Yahoo Webmail extension exists
    for Thunderbird.

    Regards
    Keith

  7. Re: Hotmail - stopped working....

    Thanks again Keith, it's all working!!!!!!!!!!

    Pam

+ Reply to Thread