using overlay to modify another extension - installation orderissues? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on using overlay to modify another extension - installation orderissues? - Mozilla ; If you use an overlay in one extension to modify a different extension (adding some UI), would the order of installation of the extensions matter? I thought I might run into a case where if the modify-er is installed/ loaded ...

  1. using overlay to modify another extension - installation orderissues?

    If you use an overlay in one extension to modify a different extension
    (adding some UI), would the order of installation of the extensions
    matter?

    I thought I might run into a case where if the modify-er is installed/
    loaded before the modify-ee, the overlay wouldn't apply, but it seems
    to be working in all cases.

    This is with the overlay defined in chrome.manifest.

    Should this be working?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: using overlay to modify another extension - installation orderissues?

    canis2004@gmail.com wrote:

    >If you use an overlay in one extension to modify a different extension (adding some UI), would the order of installation of the extensions matter?

    No, it makes no difference at all.

    --
    Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

+ Reply to Thread