Sudden Facebook problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sudden Facebook problem - Mozilla ; This afternoon Facebook was working fine but now its playing up (FF2.0.0.17). If I go to facebook.com I get a blank page but if I go to facebook.com/home.php I get my home page. Before either address would do. Also the ...

  1. Sudden Facebook problem

    This afternoon Facebook was working fine but now its playing up
    (FF2.0.0.17).

    If I go to facebook.com I get a blank page but if I go to
    facebook.com/home.php I get my home page. Before either address would
    do.

    Also the bottom bar with Application and Online Friends does not work
    anymore. So for example if I click the Online Friends button the usual
    pop-up does not open and the list of Applications on the left hand side
    is missing.

    If I go to Safe Mode it all works fine again so I tried disabling all
    extensions but the problem is still there. Is there anything else I
    should be disabling (I am on the default theme)?

    The only thing I can think has happened was an automatic add-on update
    (I forget which one) when I started FF but if it were a add-on problem I
    would have thought disabling them all would solve it.

    Any clues gratefully received.

    --
    Tony

    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has
    taken place"
    George Bernard Shaw

  2. Re: Sudden Facebook problem

    In article , junk@raven-
    family.invalid says...
    > This afternoon Facebook was working fine but now its playing up
    > (FF2.0.0.17).
    >
    > If I go to facebook.com I get a blank page but if I go to
    > facebook.com/home.php I get my home page. Before either address would
    > do.
    >
    > Also the bottom bar with Application and Online Friends does not work
    > anymore. So for example if I click the Online Friends button the usual
    > pop-up does not open and the list of Applications on the left hand side
    > is missing.
    >
    > If I go to Safe Mode it all works fine again so I tried disabling all
    > extensions but the problem is still there. Is there anything else I
    > should be disabling (I am on the default theme)?
    >
    > The only thing I can think has happened was an automatic add-on update
    > (I forget which one) when I started FF but if it were a add-on problem I
    > would have thought disabling them all would solve it.
    >
    > Any clues gratefully received.

    Problem solved, javascript had got disabled somehow.

    --
    Tony

    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has
    taken place"
    George Bernard Shaw

+ Reply to Thread