mozilla 1.7.13.1 can be started only by root on aix 5.3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on mozilla 1.7.13.1 can be started only by root on aix 5.3 - Mozilla ; I installed mozilla 1.7.13.1 for aix 5.3. It can be started only by root. It cannot be started only by non-root users. i.e. typing $ mozilla do not make the web browser to appear. No error messages appear Where to ...

  1. mozilla 1.7.13.1 can be started only by root on aix 5.3

    I installed mozilla 1.7.13.1 for aix 5.3.
    It can be started only by root.
    It cannot be started only by non-root users.
    i.e. typing
    $ mozilla
    do not make the web browser to appear.
    No error messages appear

    Where to get a newer version of mozilla for aix 5.3?

  2. Re: mozilla 1.7.13.1 can be started only by root on aix 5.3

    TsanChung wrote:
    > I installed mozilla 1.7.13.1 for aix 5.3.
    > It can be started only by root.
    > It cannot be started only by non-root users.
    > i.e. typing
    > $ mozilla
    > do not make the web browser to appear.
    > No error messages appear
    >

    > Where to get a newer version of mozilla for aix 5.3?

    the updated version for Mozilla Suite is SeaMonkey:
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: mozilla 1.7.13.1 can be started only by root on aix 5.3

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:49:09 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > TsanChung wrote:
    >> I installed mozilla 1.7.13.1 for aix 5.3.
    >> It can be started only by root.
    >> It cannot be started only by non-root users.
    >> i.e. typing
    >> $ mozilla
    >> do not make the web browser to appear.
    >> No error messages appear
    >>

    >> Where to get a newer version of mozilla for aix 5.3?

    > the updated version for Mozilla Suite is SeaMonkey:
    > http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

    AIX 5L (common)
    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...common.tar.bz2

    OR

    Seamonkey 1.1.12 for AIX 5L

    For AIX Open Source packages in general:

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in Outer Space.

+ Reply to Thread