New folder keyboard shortcut? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on New folder keyboard shortcut? - Mozilla ; A minor annoyance, but nevertheless bothersome. Is there a keyboard shortcut to make new folders, or must I always go through the "File" menu? Am a refugee from OE, and in OE there was Ctrl-E to make new folders. This ...

  1. New folder keyboard shortcut?

    A minor annoyance, but nevertheless bothersome.

    Is there a keyboard shortcut to make new folders, or must I always go
    through the "File" menu? Am a refugee from OE, and in OE there was
    Ctrl-E to make new folders.

    This probably isn't a concern for most, but having migrated from OE I
    have need to create new folders frequently right now (I file and keep a
    lot of emails). Of course, once I get things the way I want them I will
    no longer need to make new folders as frequently, which is why I say
    this probably isn't a concern for most.

    --
    BJ

    Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

  2. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    On 10/16/2008 3:28 PM, BJ wrote:
    > A minor annoyance, but nevertheless bothersome.
    >
    > Is there a keyboard shortcut to make new folders, or must I always go
    > through the "File" menu? Am a refugee from OE, and in OE there was
    > Ctrl-E to make new folders.
    >
    > This probably isn't a concern for most, but having migrated from OE I
    > have need to create new folders frequently right now (I file and keep a
    > lot of emails). Of course, once I get things the way I want them I will
    > no longer need to make new folders as frequently, which is why I say
    > this probably isn't a concern for most.

    not a shortcut, but right-click, N is fast

  3. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    On Oct 16, 3:48*pm, Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 10/16/2008 3:28 PM, BJ wrote:
    >
    > > A minor annoyance, but nevertheless bothersome.

    > > Is there a keyboard shortcut to make new folders, or must I always go
    > > through the "File" menu? Am a refugee from OE, and in OE there was
    > > Ctrl-E to make new folders.

    > > This probably isn't a concern for most, but having migrated from OE I
    > > have need to create new folders frequently right now (I file and keep a
    > > lot of emails). Of course, once I get things the way I want them I will
    > > no longer need to make new folders as frequently, which is why I say
    > > this probably isn't a concern for most.

    > not a shortcut, but right-click, N is fast

    SURE IS, THANKS...

  4. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    Wayne Mery wrote:

    > not a shortcut, but right-click, N is fast

    Cool . . . thanks.

    Is this "tip" documented some where . . . 'cause the Mozilla help files
    for TB is just a search on a term (or terms), and is not that user friendly.

    I searched on "keyboard shortcuts" and "new file" and didn't get a link
    to explain this. I also looked in "Tip & Tricks" and "Keyboard
    Shortcuts" on the links on the left and didn't see anything either.

    --
    BJ

    Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

  5. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    On 17.10.2008 08:48, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused BJ to generate
    the following:? :
    > Wayne Mery wrote:
    >

    >> not a shortcut, but right-click, N is fast
    >>

    > Cool . . . thanks.
    >
    > Is this "tip" documented some where . . . 'cause the Mozilla help files
    > for TB is just a search on a term (or terms), and is not that user friendly.
    >
    > I searched on "keyboard shortcuts" and "new file" and didn't get a link
    > to explain this. I also looked in "Tip & Tricks" and "Keyboard
    > Shortcuts" on the links on the left and didn't see anything either.

    "RIGHT click and use the context menu" is standard Windows procedure -
    should be in your (Windows-user) bloodstream.....

    reg

  6. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    squaredancer wrote:

    > "RIGHT click and use the context menu" is standard Windows procedure -
    > should be in your (Windows-user) bloodstream.....

    Yes, you are correct. But for some reason, TB and FF seem like the
    "anti-Windoze" and all windows behavior is suspended. Not so, of course
    .. . .

    --
    BJ

    Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

  7. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    On 18.10.2008 11:36, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused BJ to generate
    the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >

    >> "RIGHT click and use the context menu" is standard Windows procedure -
    >> should be in your (Windows-user) bloodstream.....
    >>

    > Yes, you are correct. But for some reason, TB and FF seem like the
    > "anti-Windoze" and all windows behavior is suspended. Not so, of course
    > . . .

    (psssssstttttt - the devs call that either "a feature" or "customization")

    reg

  8. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    On 10/18/2008 5:36 AM, BJ wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> "RIGHT click and use the context menu" is standard Windows procedure -
    >> should be in your (Windows-user) bloodstream.....

    > Yes, you are correct. But for some reason, TB and FF seem like the
    > "anti-Windoze" and all windows behavior is suspended. Not so, of course
    > . . .

    I'm slow today - are you describing a problem?

  9. Re: New folder keyboard shortcut?

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > On 10/18/2008 5:36 AM, BJ wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> "RIGHT click and use the context menu" is standard Windows procedure -
    >>> should be in your (Windows-user) bloodstream.....

    >> Yes, you are correct. But for some reason, TB and FF seem like the
    >> "anti-Windoze" and all windows behavior is suspended. Not so, of course
    >> . . .

    > I'm slow today - are you describing a problem?

    Yes, problem solved (it was in the title to this thread)

    --
    BJ

    Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

+ Reply to Thread