What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for? - Mozilla ; I have a "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in the Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile-name)\> folders for the three users who use FF 3.0.3 on this machine. These files range from 30MB - 45MB. They are not in the regular Profile folder location for FF on a Windows ...

  1. What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for?

    I have a "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in the <(User)\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile-name)\> folders for the three users
    who use FF 3.0.3 on this machine. These files range from 30MB - 45MB.
    They are not in the regular Profile folder location for FF on a Windows XP
    Pro SP2 machine though.
    Just by way of interest - what are these files about? Not that we are
    starved for space here.
    Earlier FF Versions created only a few small files in the .... Settings\\\(profile name)> folder.
    Regards and thanks for any insights.
    Alpha
    ------

  2. Re: What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for?

    "Alpha" wrote in message news:tdidnRZn8etmtmvVnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > I have a "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in the <(User)\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile-name)\> folders for the three users
    > who use FF 3.0.3 on this machine. These files range from 30MB - 45MB.
    > They are not in the regular Profile folder location for FF on a Windows XP
    > Pro SP2 machine though.
    > Just by way of interest - what are these files about? Not that we are
    > starved for space here.
    > Earlier FF Versions created only a few small files in the .... > Settings\\\(profile name)> folder.

    Simple to do a search:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=100...te&btnG=Search

    One hit, see:
    Profile folder - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
    indicates Phishing protection data.

  3. Re: What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for?

    "David McRitchie" wrote in message
    news:VqadnTQIE7_ps2vVnZ2dnUVZ_uGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > "Alpha" wrote in message
    > news:tdidnRZn8etmtmvVnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> I have a "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in the <(User)\Local
    >> Settings\Application
    >> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile-name)\> folders for the three
    >> users
    >> who use FF 3.0.3 on this machine. These files range from 30MB - 45MB.
    >> They are not in the regular Profile folder location for FF on a Windows
    >> XP
    >> Pro SP2 machine though.
    >> Just by way of interest - what are these files about? Not that we are
    >> starved for space here.
    >> Earlier FF Versions created only a few small files in the .... >> Settings\\\(profile name)> folder.

    > Simple to do a search:
    > http://www.google.com/search?num=100...te&btnG=Search
    >
    > One hit, see:
    > Profile folder - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
    > indicates Phishing protection data.

    Great - thanks for the pointer!
    Alpha
    ------

  4. Re: What is the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file for?

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:44:30 -0700, Alpha wrote:

    > I have a "urlclassifier3.sqlite" in the <(User)\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile-name)\> folders for the three users
    > who use FF 3.0.3 on this machine. These files range from 30MB - 45MB.
    > They are not in the regular Profile folder location for FF on a Windows XP
    > Pro SP2 machine though.

    AFAIK the fact that the file keeps growing is a bug. You can compact the
    file manually with SQLite Database Browser. This way my 54 MiB file
    became 33 MiB.

    --
    s|b

+ Reply to Thread