Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords. - Mozilla ; I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive. I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security certificates over. Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over. anyone know what files I need to move? ...

  1. Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.

    I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    certificates over.

    Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.

    anyone know what files I need to move?

    I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed it
    on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  2. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >
    > I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    > certificates over.
    >
    > Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >
    > anyone know what files I need to move?
    >
    > I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed it
    > on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.

    an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s
    and key3.db

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>
    >> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >> certificates over.
    >>
    >> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>
    >> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>
    >> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>

    > an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db

    No that didn't do it I've been going around in circles.

    Guess I'll have to go back to other Drive open the file within
    SeaMonkey and take screen shots of al my passwords then enter them as I
    need them

    Wish there was a way to enter username and passwords to the list manually.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  4. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >>> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>>
    >>> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >>> certificates over.
    >>>
    >>> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>>
    >>> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>>
    >>> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >>> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>>

    >> an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db
    >>

    > No that didn't do it I've been going around in circles.
    >
    > Guess I'll have to go back to other Drive open the file within
    > SeaMonkey and take screen shots of al my passwords then enter them as I
    > need them
    >
    > Wish there was a way to enter username and passwords to the list manually.

    then try signons.txt or something similar and key3.db

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db
    >>>

    >> No that didn't do it I've been going around in circles.
    >>
    >> Guess I'll have to go back to other Drive open the file within
    >> SeaMonkey and take screen shots of al my passwords then enter them as
    >> I need them
    >>
    >> Wish there was a way to enter username and passwords to the list
    >> manually.
    >>

    > then try signons.txt or something similar and key3.db

    I don't have the signons.text file . What happens with the other files
    is that I go in a circle trying to sign in (I use a master Password.)

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  6. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>
    >> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >> certificates over.
    >>
    >> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>
    >> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>
    >> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>

    > an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db

    Pete That doesn't exactly work.

    Yes you had correct files in mind.

    But in order to make work to make work, i

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  7. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >>> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>>
    >>> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >>> certificates over.
    >>>
    >>> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>>
    >>> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>>
    >>> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >>> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>>

    >> an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db
    >>

    > Pete That doesn't exactly work.
    >
    > Yes you had correct files in mind.
    >
    > But in order to make work to make work, i

    i . . . what!?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >
    > I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    > certificates over.
    >
    > Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >
    > anyone know what files I need to move?
    >
    > I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    > it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.

    Do as Peter has suggested and then go to about.config and find the
    signon.SignonFileName and put YOUR OLD .s number in instead of the one
    that was there. This is what has worked for me.

    --
    You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment that you get at the hands of someone else.

  9. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    JAS wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>
    >> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >> certificates over.
    >>
    >> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>
    >> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>
    >> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>

    > Do as Peter has suggested and then go to about.config and find the
    > signon.SignonFileName and put YOUR OLD .s number in instead of the one
    > that was there. This is what has worked for me.

    In SeaMonkey 1.1.12 there is no visitable signon.txt file.

    I finally got it to work after much head scratching caused my a setting
    I turned on in TypeIt4Me that caused the user names and passwords to be
    converted from either all Caps or all lower cases to Cap first character
    and rest lower case. Had me in a Panic for a while.

    How I made it work was, locate the file most recently changed. Then copy
    it to new drive along with the other file. Next I opened the profile on
    the the new hard drive. copied the numbers then on the file I wanted to
    exchange with I changed the number to the copied number. I moved toe
    original to trash then moved the one with the altered number in Profile.

    Opened opened SM 1.1.12 and My passwords are there.

    Thanks for Peter and your help.

    Got some other stuff to do before I can official use the email but I am
    about ready to use on This drive.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  10. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > JAS wrote:
    >> Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >>> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>>
    >>> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >>> certificates over.
    >>>
    >>> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>>
    >>> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>>
    >>> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >>> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>>

    >> Do as Peter has suggested and then go to about.config and find the
    >> signon.SignonFileName and put YOUR OLD .s number in instead of the one
    >> that was there. This is what has worked for me.
    >>

    > In SeaMonkey 1.1.12 there is no visitable signon.txt file.
    >
    > I finally got it to work after much head scratching caused my a setting
    > I turned on in TypeIt4Me that caused the user names and passwords to be
    > converted from either all Caps or all lower cases to Cap first character
    > and rest lower case. Had me in a Panic for a while.
    >
    > How I made it work was, locate the file most recently changed. Then copy
    > it to new drive along with the other file. Next I opened the profile on
    > the the new hard drive. copied the numbers then on the file I wanted to
    > exchange with I changed the number to the copied number. I moved toe
    > original to trash then moved the one with the altered number in Profile.
    >
    > Opened opened SM 1.1.12 and My passwords are there.
    >
    > Thanks for Peter and your help.
    >
    > Got some other stuff to do before I can official use the email but I am
    > about ready to use on This drive.

    yea, thats all fine and dandy, but you didn't mention
    what the password file was. I said [for example]
    12345678.s or signons.txt [or something similar], and
    you said no. So, what was it?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    On 15.10.2008 13:30, Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

    >>> I've moved SM 1.1.12 Usergroups, and email boxes to new drive.
    >>>
    >>> I've apparently successfully moved Bookmarks addressbook and security
    >>> certificates over.
    >>>
    >>> Now I need to move over my many saved passwords, over.
    >>>
    >>> anyone know what files I need to move?
    >>>
    >>> I've made a copy of my profile.slt folder from other drive and placed
    >>> it on new drive. so it just a matter of moving over correct files.
    >>>

    >> an 8 digit file that ends in a .s such as 12345678.s and key3.db
    >>

    > Pete That doesn't exactly work.
    >
    > Yes you had correct files in mind.
    >
    > But in order to make work to make work, i

    First of all you have to rename the existing .s file to .BAK for
    instance, then copy your existing old .s file over to the profile
    directory. Then, rename THAT file to the exact same name as the one you
    just named .BAK ... the file MUST have the same exact prefix. If the new
    file is 63492833.s then the old one must be renamed 63492833.s as well.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org

  12. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> JAS wrote:

    >>> Do as Peter has suggested and then go to about.config and find the
    >>> signon.SignonFileName and put YOUR OLD .s number in instead of the
    >>> one that was there. This is what has worked for me.
    >>>

    >> In SeaMonkey 1.1.12 there is no visitable signon.txt file.
    >>
    >> I finally got it to work after much head scratching caused my a
    >> setting I turned on in TypeIt4Me that caused the user names and
    >> passwords to be converted from either all Caps or all lower cases to
    >> Cap first character and rest lower case. Had me in a Panic for a while.
    >>
    >> How I made it work was, locate the file most recently changed. Then
    >> copy it to new drive along with the other file. Next I opened the
    >> profile on the the new hard drive. copied the numbers then on the file
    >> I wanted to exchange with I changed the number to the copied number. I
    >> moved toe original to trash then moved the one with the altered number
    >> in Profile.
    >>
    >> Opened opened SM 1.1.12 and My passwords are there.
    >>
    >> Thanks for Peter and your help.
    >>
    >> Got some other stuff to do before I can official use the email but I
    >> am about ready to use on This drive.

    > yea, thats all fine and dandy, but you didn't mention what the password
    > file was. I said [for example] 12345678.s or signons.txt [or something
    > similar], and you said no. So, what was it?

    Its the number series like 12345678.s each time password is changed a
    new files is generated with a number series determined by SM and the
    computer its on.

    I not using real numbers but the procedure is something like:

    Original file with all the passwords is numbered 57689012.s

    The file generated from new install is 12345678.s.

    now copy the Key3 file and the 57689012.s to the new hard drive.

    now copy the numbers file's number code 12345678

    now move it to trash.

    now move the key file that went with the 12345678 file also to trash.

    Now rename the .s file with all the passwords by drag selecting all of
    the title except the .s and paste the 12345678 over the highlighted
    numbers. so that it is now named 12345678.s Now drag the items into the
    profile.

    Now open SM and check your passwords. all of you desired passwords
    should be there if you moved over your cookie files as well They should
    open your websites with no problems.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  13. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 15.10.2008 13:30, Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

    That's what I just explained. only I was quite as short with my answer. ;-)

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  14. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >> On 15.10.2008 13:30, Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

    Can' type. ;-(

    I should have said:

    only I *wasn't* quite as short with my answer.

    Phillip M. Jones, CET |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
    Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

    mailtojones@kimbanet.com

  15. Re: Sucessfully moved email and newsgroups to new drive now passwords.

    Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    > Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> On 15.10.2008 13:30, Phillip Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

    Phillip, most of us can't type at one time or another. Your problem is
    you don't PROOFREAD before you hit the send button. I would pay much
    more attention to your posts if you would pay attention to whether your
    message has obvious misspellings and/or omitted letters/words. "Can'
    type." ???

    This message is meant to be constructive.

    --lomoz

+ Reply to Thread