Java Runtime Not Working - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Java Runtime Not Working - Mozilla ; I have Seamonkey 1.1.12 installed on 2 similar Windows XP computers. Both have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed. The Seamonkey on one computer uses Java applets perfectly. On the other computer Internet Explorer runs Java applets, but ...

  1. Java Runtime Not Working

    I have Seamonkey 1.1.12 installed on 2 similar Windows XP computers.
    Both have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed. The
    Seamonkey on one computer uses Java applets perfectly. On the other
    computer Internet Explorer runs Java applets, but Seamonkey doesn't. On
    that computer I have tried multiple times to install the JRE plugin from
    the Sun site, using Seamonkey; but clicking the install plugin icon just
    loops me back to the download page, which tries to check for a Java
    installation then returns me to the page with the install plugin icon (
    the verification page that should show the successful installation movie).

    I have cleared the cache multiple times and confirmed that Mozilla
    family was checked in the Java control panel. I also uninstalled all
    older JRE versions. What else can I try?

  2. Re: Java Runtime Not Working

    Cecil Bankston wrote:
    > I have Seamonkey 1.1.12 installed on 2 similar Windows XP computers.
    > Both have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed. The
    > Seamonkey on one computer uses Java applets perfectly. On the other
    > computer Internet Explorer runs Java applets, but Seamonkey doesn't. On
    > that computer I have tried multiple times to install the JRE plugin from
    > the Sun site, using Seamonkey; but clicking the install plugin icon just
    > loops me back to the download page, which tries to check for a Java
    > installation then returns me to the page with the install plugin icon (
    > the verification page that should show the successful installation movie).
    >
    > I have cleared the cache multiple times and confirmed that Mozilla
    > family was checked in the Java control panel. I also uninstalled all
    > older JRE versions. What else can I try?

    in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for
    the 7 java files. Are they there? If so, then go here:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and
    tell me if java works on this test page. Does it or
    doesn't it?

    If you don't find the java files, then hunt on your
    hard drive for them, and copy them to the plugin
    directory which is located in the SM program directory.
    The 7 files are: npjava11.dll, npjava12.dll,
    npjava13.dll, npjava14.dll, npjava32.dll, npoji610.dll,
    and npjpi160_07.dll. This is for jre 1.6.0_07.
    Restart SM, and did this work now?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Java Runtime Not Working

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Cecil Bankston wrote:
    >> I have Seamonkey 1.1.12 installed on 2 similar Windows XP computers.
    >> Both have the latest version of Java Runtime Environment installed.
    >> The Seamonkey on one computer uses Java applets perfectly. On the
    >> other computer Internet Explorer runs Java applets, but Seamonkey
    >> doesn't. On that computer I have tried multiple times to install the
    >> JRE plugin from the Sun site, using Seamonkey; but clicking the
    >> install plugin icon just loops me back to the download page, which
    >> tries to check for a Java installation then returns me to the page
    >> with the install plugin icon ( the verification page that should show
    >> the successful installation movie).
    >>
    >> I have cleared the cache multiple times and confirmed that Mozilla
    >> family was checked in the Java control panel. I also uninstalled all
    >> older JRE versions. What else can I try?

    > in the address bar type in aboutlugins and look for the 7 java files.
    > Are they there? If so, then go here:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and tell me if java
    > works on this test page. Does it or doesn't it?
    >
    > If you don't find the java files, then hunt on your hard drive for them,
    > and copy them to the plugin directory which is located in the SM program
    > directory. The 7 files are: npjava11.dll, npjava12.dll, npjava13.dll,
    > npjava14.dll, npjava32.dll, npoji610.dll, and npjpi160_07.dll. This is
    > for jre 1.6.0_07. Restart SM, and did this work now?

    Thanks for the help. I had done the Java update the same way on both
    computers. The computer with the working Java had the new dll files in
    the Seamonkey\plugins folder; but the other computer had only files from
    an old Java version in that folder. When I copied the new files from
    the Program Files\Java\bin folder to the plugins folder, Seamonkey again
    had functional Java.

    The mystery is why the update put copies of the Java files in the
    Seamonkey plugins folder on one computer but not on the other.

+ Reply to Thread