downloaded new version, lost old files? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on downloaded new version, lost old files? - Mozilla ; When I installed the new version of seamonkey, I now can no longer find the pages I'd made with the old version. Were they deleted in the new installation, or is there a way to find them? I'm really disappointed ...

  1. downloaded new version, lost old files?

    When I installed the new version of seamonkey, I now can no longer
    find the pages I'd made with the old version. Were they deleted in
    the new installation, or is there a way to find them? I'm really
    disappointed because there was one page I put a lot of work into and
    wanted to re-use at my new website. Can anyone help?

  2. Re: downloaded new version, lost old files?

    buffywnabe@kc.rr.com wrote:
    > When I installed the new version of seamonkey, I now can no longer
    > find the pages I'd made with the old version. Were they deleted in
    > the new installation, or is there a way to find them? I'm really
    > disappointed because there was one page I put a lot of work into and
    > wanted to re-use at my new website. Can anyone help?

    if you saved it in the same place as the program
    directory, then yes, its gone forever. Why don't you do
    a search for the file on your entire hard drive?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: downloaded new version, lost old files?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > buffywnabe@kc.rr.com wrote:
    >> When I installed the new version of seamonkey, I now can no longer
    >> find the pages I'd made with the old version. Were they deleted in
    >> the new installation, or is there a way to find them? I'm really
    >> disappointed because there was one page I put a lot of work into and
    >> wanted to re-use at my new website. Can anyone help?

    > if you saved it in the same place as the program directory, then yes,
    > its gone forever. Why don't you do a search for the file on your entire
    > hard drive?

    Well actually...

    What version is the "new version". Where did you save the files?

    Are the files currently online somewhere (if so you can retrieve them
    that way).

    All that said, it still wouldn't hurt to search for the file on your
    entire HD.

    --
    ~Justin Wood (Callek)

+ Reply to Thread