Importing cookies from text file - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Importing cookies from text file - Mozilla ; Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text file? Or from FF 1.5.0.*? We have one PC upgraded to FF 3.0.3 but cannot figure out how to import the cookies with log-in information to ...

  1. Importing cookies from text file

    Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text file?
    Or from FF 1.5.0.*?
    We have one PC upgraded to FF 3.0.3 but cannot figure out how to import the
    cookies with log-in information to a great many sites (non-financial but
    like NYTimes, LATimes, YouTube....). Unfortunately a hard-copy listing we
    made is missing and rebuilding the log-ins might be too time-consuming.
    It will be done if needs be done, though!
    Also, regrettably, IE was not used to log into those sites so we cannot
    import from IE!
    FF 3.0.3 is very fast - at loading itself as well as rendering pages - BTW!
    Regards and TIA.
    Alpha
    -------

  2. Re: Importing cookies from text file

    "Alpha" wrote in message
    > Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text file?

    The subject as well as the message should have read as "cookies and
    sign-ons" actually!

  3. Re: Importing cookies from text file

    Alpha wrote:
    > Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text file?
    > Or from FF 1.5.0.*?
    > We have one PC upgraded to FF 3.0.3 but cannot figure out how to import the
    > cookies with log-in information to a great many sites (non-financial but
    > like NYTimes, LATimes, YouTube....). Unfortunately a hard-copy listing we
    > made is missing and rebuilding the log-ins might be too time-consuming.
    > It will be done if needs be done, though!
    > Also, regrettably, IE was not used to log into those sites so we cannot
    > import from IE!
    > FF 3.0.3 is very fast - at loading itself as well as rendering pages - BTW!
    > Regards and TIA.
    > Alpha
    > -------

    As a workaround can you load the text file up in the browser and save it
    as HTML then import that ?

  4. Re: Importing cookies from text file

    Alpha wrote:
    > "Alpha" wrote in message
    >> Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text file?

    > The subject as well as the message should have read as "cookies and
    > sign-ons" actually!

    Are you installing 3 over the top of 2 ? Wanting to transfer settings
    from one PC with 3, to another with 2 ?

  5. Re: Importing cookies from text file

    My response at bottom:
    "Yeebok Shu'in" wrote in message
    news:R46dneO8pf2OCmzVnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Alpha wrote:
    >> "Alpha" wrote in message
    >>> Is ther any possible way to import cookies into FF 3.0.* from a text
    >>> file?

    >> The subject as wtuallyell as the message should have read as "cookies and
    >> sign-ons" actually!

    > Are you installing 3 over the top of 2 ? Wanting to transfer settings from
    > one PC with 3, to another with 2 ?

    Thanks for the quick response.
    Acually it is a clean install with all traces of earlier FF completely
    removed manually.
    However we did arrive at a solution - on local advice from a weekend
    visitor:
    Since we had saved the old profile folder, copied the cookies and signon
    text files to FF profile on another machine which still had FF 2 on it and
    installed the PasswordExporter extension. Exported passwords to an XML file
    which was then copied to a temporary folder on the PC with FF3.0.3.
    Installed a later version of PasswordExporter on it and imported all
    passwords (lost only 4 out of 67) - took only a few minutes.
    Earlier - for some reason - could not find the extension with a search on FF
    Add-Ons website. As advised found it only with a Google search. I'm
    including the link her in case it helps someone else:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../versions/2848

+ Reply to Thread