Sending Pictures.... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sending Pictures.... - Mozilla ; I'm using T-Bird with Vista Home Premium. I think I'd had this problem before... I'm not sure why it's not working now. I want to send graphics. My tools, accounts is set to send html, my addressee's in my address ...

  1. Sending Pictures....

    I'm using T-Bird with Vista Home Premium.

    I think I'd had this problem before... I'm not sure why it's not
    working now. I want to send graphics. My tools, accounts is set to
    send html, my addressee's in my address book are set up to receive html.

    I go to insert, image, and all the other things to get it in there, and
    all I get is a little red dot in the corner of the place mat.

    Joseph

  2. Re: Sending Pictures....

    > Joseph wrote:
    >> I'm using T-Bird with Vista Home Premium.
    >>
    >> I think I'd had this problem before... I'm not sure why it's not
    >> working now. I want to send graphics. My tools, accounts is set to
    >> send html, my addressee's in my address book are set up to receive html.

    > ronh wrote:
    > I think you also need to go to Tools/Account Settings and then under
    > Composition and Settings make sure the box is ticked for "compose
    > messages in HTML format".

    I'd done that (noted above). Didn't work.

  3. Re: Sending Pictures....

    On 12/10/2008 15:00, Joseph wrote:

    >> Joseph wrote:
    >>> I'm using T-Bird with Vista Home Premium.
    >>>
    >>> I think I'd had this problem before... I'm not sure why it's not
    >>> working now. I want to send graphics. My tools, accounts is set to
    >>> send html, my addressee's in my address book are set up to receive html.

    >> ronh wrote:
    >> I think you also need to go to Tools/Account Settings and then under
    >> Composition and Settings make sure the box is ticked for "compose
    >> messages in HTML format".
    >>

    > I'd done that (noted above). Didn't work.

    I have not tested it now but have you tried attaching the pictures to
    the mail as well? Like going to the "Attach" menu? This, in addition to
    "Insert->Image", might work.

    --
    Alex

    about:config: "Promise you will be careful!"
    Alex: "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

  4. Re: Sending Pictures....

    Alex Walker wrote:

    >>> ronh wrote:
    >>> I think you also need to go to Tools/Account Settings and then under
    >>> Composition and Settings make sure the box is ticked for "compose
    >>> messages in HTML format".
    >>>

    >> I'd done that (noted above). Didn't work.

    > I have not tested it now but have you tried attaching the pictures to
    > the mail as well? Like going to the "Attach" menu? This, in addition to
    > "Insert->Image", might work.

    Instead of "insert->image", try just copy and paste. That's all I do
    and it works.

  5. Re: Sending Pictures....

    Joseph pisze:

    > I'm using T-Bird with Vista Home Premium.
    >
    > I think I'd had this problem before... I'm not sure why it's not
    > working now. I want to send graphics. My tools, accounts is set to
    > send html, my addressee's in my address book are set up to receive html.
    >
    > I go to insert, image, and all the other things to get it in there, and
    > all I get is a little red dot in the corner of the place mat.
    >
    > Joseph

    This is new mail (you click on "Write" button) or you try to reply or
    forward some other message?
    In some cases, (replying, forwarding, mail from "mailto:" link) some
    weird security code prevent image contents from loading. As effect user
    can see only image placehldes (rectangular frame), with red dot.

    To make it usable again, you need to bypass this code. Go to
    "about:config", and add new configuration properties:

    *) To be able to insert images:
    "network.protocol-handler.expose.file", with value "true".
    *) To prevent some problems when reply or inline forwarded message is
    saved by you or auto-save)
    "network.protocol-handler.expose.mailbox", with value "true".
    *) to enable use of "data:" protocol (useful to embed images into HTML
    source)
    "network.protocol-handler.expose.data", with value "true".

    --
    Arivald

+ Reply to Thread