I can't seem to force TB to use variable width fonts for composing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I can't seem to force TB to use variable width fonts for composing - Mozilla ; The message pane in TB's main window responds to the changes I make in the Tools|Options|Display|Formatting window between using fixed width font and variable width font, but when I compose messages, TB *always* displays in the fixed width font. I'm ...

  1. I can't seem to force TB to use variable width fonts for composing

    The message pane in TB's main window responds to the changes I make in
    the Tools|Options|Display|Formatting window between using fixed width
    font and variable width font, but when I compose messages, TB *always*
    displays in the fixed width font.

    I'm using TB 1.5 running on XP sp3.

    Any guesses?

  2. Re: I can't seem to force TB to use variable width fonts for composing

    The date and time was 10/11/2008 5:43 PM, and on a whim, Jack pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > The message pane in TB's main window responds to the changes I make in
    > the Tools|Options|Display|Formatting window between using fixed width
    > font and variable width font, but when I compose messages, TB *always*
    > displays in the fixed width font.
    >
    > I'm using TB 1.5 running on XP sp3.
    >
    > Any guesses?

    Hi Jack,

    Check Tools, Options, Composition, click the Send Options button and
    configure it from there. You can also set defaults under the HTML area
    (for font, size, text and background color).

    You can also override the default setting by pressing the Shift key and
    then clicking on the Write button. So if your default is plain text,
    pressing Shift & clicking on Write will put you in the HTML mode. But
    for some reason, if you don't actually place any HTML changes in the
    Compose window, it will send it as plain text, unless you have your Text
    Format option sent to "Send the message in HTML anyway".

    --
    Terry R.