Getnews now - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Getnews now - Mozilla ; It seems that my one TB newsgroup won't get news unless I click it first. How can I set news to fetch immediately upon TB startup like email does? JimL --- Elect Obama. Crooks will vanish....

  1. Getnews now

    It seems that my one TB newsgroup won't get news unless I click it first.

    How can I set news to fetch immediately upon TB startup like email does?

    JimL

    ---
    Elect Obama. Crooks will vanish.

  2. Re: Getnews now

    On 11/10/2008 21:53, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > It seems that my one TB newsgroup won't get news unless I click it first.
    >
    > How can I set news to fetch immediately upon TB startup like email does?
    >

    > JimL

    Go to Tools->Account Settings->[your newsgroup account name]-->Server
    Setting and enable "Check for new messages at startup (works for Windows
    at least).

  3. Re: Getnews now

    Alex Walker said:

    >On 11/10/2008 21:53, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    >> It seems that my one TB newsgroup won't get news unless I click it first.
    >>
    >> How can I set news to fetch immediately upon TB startup like email does?
    >>

    >> JimL
    >>

    >Go to Tools->Account Settings->[your newsgroup account name]-->Server
    >Setting and enable "Check for new messages at startup (works for Windows
    >at least).

    Thanks. I've had that set since I installed the NG. It doesn't seem to
    think I mean it.

    JimL

    ---
    Elect Obama. Crooks will suddenly vanish from high places.

  4. Re: Getnews now

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > Alex Walker said:
    >

    >> On 11/10/2008 21:53, inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    >>> It seems that my one TB newsgroup won't get news unless I click it first.
    >>>
    >>> How can I set news to fetch immediately upon TB startup like email does?
    >>>

    >>> JimL
    >>>

    >> Go to Tools->Account Settings->[your newsgroup account name]-->Server
    >> Setting and enable "Check for new messages at startup (works for Windows
    >> at least).

    > Thanks. I've had that set since I installed the NG. It doesn't seem to
    > think I mean it.
    >
    > JimL
    >
    > ---
    > Elect Obama. Crooks will suddenly vanish from high places.

    And 'Check for new messages ever x minutes' would also help you. Set
    it down to 5 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread