Marking email - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Marking email - Mozilla ; How do I mark an email as undeletable? JimL --- It's all Bush's fault that finance CEO's are crooks!!...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Marking email

  1. Marking email

    How do I mark an email as undeletable?


    JimL

    ---
    It's all Bush's fault that finance CEO's are crooks!!

  2. Re: Marking email

    inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    > How do I mark an email as undeletable?
    >
    >
    > JimL
    >



    I don't think you can.....

  3. Re: Marking email

    Gordon wrote:
    > inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    >> How do I mark an email as undeletable?

    >
    > I don't think you can.....


    You could always move it to a "Keep" folder, and set the properties of
    that folder to never delete messages. Not quite as tidy as keeping it
    in its original location, but better than nothing.

  4. Re: Marking email

    Date: 10/11/2008 3:12 PM, Author: inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com Wrote:
    > How do I mark an email as undeletable?
    >
    >
    > JimL
    >
    > ---
    > It's all Bush's fault that finance CEO's are crooks!!


    In Thunderbird
    [File]>[Save As]>[File Ctrl-S]

    In Windows Explorer, right-click the file and select "Properties".
    On the "General" tab, check [X]Read-only.

    For multiple messages you could also create a folder in Thunderbird for
    important messages then make it read-only as in the above instructions. (You
    would have to change the read-only attribute to add messages.)

    If you do this often you could create batch files to lock and unlock the file.

    Floppy disks and some thumb drives and flash media have write-protect switches.


    --
    G. R. Woodring

  5. Re: Marking email

    Tarkus wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    >>> How do I mark an email as undeletable?

    >>
    >> I don't think you can.....

    >
    > You could always move it to a "Keep" folder, and set the properties of
    > that folder to never delete messages. Not quite as tidy as keeping it
    > in its original location, but better than nothing.


    Not really a bad idea. I have a 'saves' folder. Not that I'm senile
    at 61 but after 1000's of emails, its that one good one in a trash or
    inbox that I forget I want to keep and then clear the folders and wonder
    4 months later where that info about a sign-up is? So no, dragging to
    another defined folder is rather tidy. I even have a "saved news"
    folder too, for those great hints from users on these groups.

  6. Re: Marking email

    On 12.10.2008 16:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Big_Al to
    generate the following:? :
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >
    >> Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> How do I mark an email as undeletable?
    >>>>
    >>> I don't think you can.....
    >>>

    >> You could always move it to a "Keep" folder, and set the properties of
    >> that folder to never delete messages. Not quite as tidy as keeping it
    >> in its original location, but better than nothing.
    >>

    >
    > Not really a bad idea. I have a 'saves' folder. Not that I'm senile
    > at 61 but after 1000's of emails, its that one good one in a trash or
    > inbox that I forget I want to keep and then clear the folders and wonder
    > 4 months later where that info about a sign-up is?


    do it the way I do..... create a new folder, call it "Registrations" and
    pull all the eMail notifications to it, for safe keeping.
    And another tidbit - if you forgot your login, do the "Have you
    forgotten your Password" click and drag the reply to your Registrations
    folder!

    reg

    > So no, dragging to
    > another defined folder is rather tidy. I even have a "saved news"
    > folder too, for those great hints from users on these groups.
    >



  7. Re: Marking email

    squaredancer wrote:
    > do it the way I do..... create a new folder, call it "Registrations" and
    > pull all the eMail notifications to it, for safe keeping.
    > And another tidbit - if you forgot your login, do the "Have you
    > forgotten your Password" click and drag the reply to your Registrations
    > folder!


    I actually have one for receipts and one for registrations. And since I
    started using IMAP, I always have a backup online.

  8. Re: Marking email

    "G. R. Woodring" said:

    >> How do I mark an email as undeletable?
    >>
    >>
    >> JimL


    >In Thunderbird
    >[File]>[Save As]>[File Ctrl-S]


    Thanks, it's an interesting experiment. It seems to make a message delete
    faster!

    JimL

    ---
    Elect Obama. Crooks in high places will suddenly vanish. Or something.

+ Reply to Thread