no longer able to connect to secnews - Mozilla

This is a discussion on no longer able to connect to secnews - Mozilla ; says "Thunderbird can't connect securely to secnews because the site uses a security protocol which isn't enable" What is the security protocol and how can I change it? TIA...

  1. no longer able to connect to secnews

    says "Thunderbird can't connect securely to secnews because the site
    uses a security protocol which isn't enable" What is the security
    protocol and how can I change it? TIA

  2. Re: no longer able to connect to secnews

    THEgrumpy one wrote:
    > says "Thunderbird can't connect securely to secnews because the site
    > uses a security protocol which isn't enable" What is the security
    > protocol and how can I change it? TIA

    fixed it, thanks!

  3. Re: no longer able to connect to secnews

    THEgrumpy one wrote:
    > says "Thunderbird can't connect securely to secnews because the site
    > uses a security protocol which isn't enable" What is the security
    > protocol and how can I change it? TIA

    Check for these entries in your profile's prefs.js:

    user_pref("security.ssl2.rc2_40", true);
    user_pref("security.ssl2.rc4_40", true);
    user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_1024_rc4_56_sha", true);
    user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_null_md5", true);
    user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5", true);
    user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_rc4_40_md5", true);

    IIRC it is the last two that are required by secnews.

    Rinaldi
    --
    Uncle Ed's Rule of Thumb:
    Never use your thumb for a rule. You'll either hit it with a

  4. Re: no longer able to connect to secnews

    Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
    > THEgrumpy one wrote:
    >> says "Thunderbird can't connect securely to secnews because the site
    >> uses a security protocol which isn't enable" What is the security
    >> protocol and how can I change it? TIA

    > Check for these entries in your profile's prefs.js:
    >
    > user_pref("security.ssl2.rc2_40", true);
    > user_pref("security.ssl2.rc4_40", true);
    > user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_1024_rc4_56_sha", true);
    > user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_null_md5", true);
    > user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_rc2_40_md5", true);
    > user_pref("security.ssl3.rsa_rc4_40_md5", true);
    >
    > IIRC it is the last two that are required by secnews.
    >
    > Rinaldi

    thanks!

+ Reply to Thread