FF too much slow to start itself - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF too much slow to start itself - Mozilla ; When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?...

  1. FF too much slow to start itself

    When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

  2. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    * joker wrote, On 11/10/2008 10:29:
    > When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    > about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

    Same here! any idea?

    Daniel

    --
    _________________________________
    Daniel Royer

  3. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    On 11.10.2008 10:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused joker to
    generate the following:? :
    > When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    > about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

    to both posters:

    Which version of FF ??
    OS ???

    and of course - you DO know that IE is internally a pert of Windows OS
    ?? Boot Windows and you automagically "pre-load" vitalparts of IE.

    reg

  4. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    On 11 Ott, 12:58, squaredancer wrote:
    > On 11.10.2008 10:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused *joker to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    > > When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    > > about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

    > to both posters:
    >
    > Which version of FF ??
    > OS ???
    >
    > and of course - you DO know that IE is internally a pert of Windows OS
    > ?? *Boot Windows and you automagically "pre-load" vitalparts of IE.
    >
    > reg

    Last FF version and XP SP3. Is possible that this slowing down is due
    to the loading of internal application of FF like Hyperwords,
    DownloadHelper, Dictionary?

  5. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    joker wrote:
    > On 11 Ott, 12:58, squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 11.10.2008 10:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused joker to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    >>> about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

    >> to both posters:
    >>
    >> Which version of FF ??
    >> OS ???
    >>
    >> and of course - you DO know that IE is internally a pert of Windows OS
    >> ?? Boot Windows and you automagically "pre-load" vitalparts of IE.
    >>
    >> reg

    > Last FF version and XP SP3. Is possible that this slowing down is due
    > to the loading of internal application of FF like Hyperwords,
    > DownloadHelper, Dictionary?

    Extensions take extra time to start the application up, yes. Depends
    entirely on which ones, as some of them just start, others need to refer
    to data, etc..

  6. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    joker wrote:
    > On 11 Ott, 12:58, squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 11.10.2008 10:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused joker to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> When I had installed FF it was very fast to start but now it need
    >>> about 10-15 seconds to be ready. IE is faster. Is it normal?

    >> to both posters:
    >>
    >> Which version of FF ??
    >> OS ???
    >>
    >> and of course - you DO know that IE is internally a pert of Windows OS
    >> ?? Boot Windows and you automagically "pre-load" vitalparts of IE.
    >>
    >> reg

    > Last FF version and XP SP3. Is possible that this slowing down is due
    > to the loading of internal application of FF like Hyperwords,
    > DownloadHelper, Dictionary?

    Have you tried 'disabling' the add-ons to see if there is a difference?
    (I have 14 add-ons, and all is fine on XP SP3. However, no heavy add-ons
    like Dictionary)

  7. Re: FF too much slow to start itself

    > Have you tried 'disabling' the add-ons to see if there is a difference?
    > (I have 14 add-ons, and all is fine on XP SP3. However, no heavy add-ons
    > like Dictionary)

    Disabling the add-ons like Hyperwords and Dictionary FF is now very
    fast

+ Reply to Thread