Strange FF3 behaviour - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Strange FF3 behaviour - Mozilla ; I have just revisited a site which I have not checked since I was using FF2. The site, GeoBC ( http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc ), features interactive maps of British Columbia, which the user can zoom in on, and add varying levels of ...

  1. Strange FF3 behaviour

    I have just revisited a site which I have not checked since I was using
    FF2. The site, GeoBC
    (http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc), features
    interactive maps of British Columbia, which the user can zoom in on, and
    add varying levels of data. In zoom mode, each mouse click should result
    in a map reload centred on the point clicked. What I found with FF3.03
    (on WinXP Media Centre Edition) is that the map will not stop reloading,
    and ignores mouse clicks, OR it will stall halfway through a reload and
    become unresponsive (the map, not FF). I thought that No-Script or Ad
    Block Plus might be responsible, but disabling them made no difference.
    I have checked the site with IE and Chrome, and both behave properly.
    Other add-ons present are:
    DownThemAll
    ForecastFox
    FoxClocks
    Launchy
    MS .NET Framework assistant

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Dave

  2. Re: Strange FF3 behaviour

    Traveller wrote:
    > I have just revisited a site which I have not checked since I was using
    > FF2. The site, GeoBC
    > (http://webmaps.gov.bc.ca/imfx/imf.jsp?site=imapbc), features
    > interactive maps of British Columbia, which the user can zoom in on, and
    > add varying levels of data. In zoom mode, each mouse click should result
    > in a map reload centred on the point clicked. What I found with FF3.03
    > (on WinXP Media Centre Edition) is that the map will not stop reloading,
    > and ignores mouse clicks, OR it will stall halfway through a reload and
    > become unresponsive (the map, not FF). I thought that No-Script or Ad
    > Block Plus might be responsible, but disabling them made no difference.
    > I have checked the site with IE and Chrome, and both behave properly.
    > Other add-ons present are:
    > DownThemAll
    > ForecastFox
    > FoxClocks
    > Launchy
    > MS .NET Framework assistant
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > Dave

    11 errors 2 warnings according to the validator
    http://validator.w3.org/

    Workaround exists.

    If the map stops responding, press the button, and it will be redone.

+ Reply to Thread