TinyURL extension stopped working - Mozilla

This is a discussion on TinyURL extension stopped working - Mozilla ; I'm guessing the website must've changed their interface or something. Anyone else notice this? I can surf into the site just fine to create a TinyURL, but when I attempt to use the extension, it tells me there's a network ...

  1. TinyURL extension stopped working

    I'm guessing the website must've changed their interface or something.
    Anyone else notice this? I can surf into the site just fine to create a
    TinyURL, but when I attempt to use the extension, it tells me there's a
    network error and it can't connect...

    --
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Secretary

  2. Re: TinyURL extension stopped working

    Cruz, Jaime wrote:
    > I'm guessing the website must've changed their interface or something.
    > Anyone else notice this? I can surf into the site just fine to create a
    > TinyURL, but when I attempt to use the extension, it tells me there's a
    > network error and it can't connect...

    go ask the guy who created it: http://mozmonkey.com/

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: TinyURL extension stopped working

    Cruz, Jaime wrote:
    > I'm guessing the website must've changed their interface or something.
    > Anyone else notice this? I can surf into the site just fine to create a
    > TinyURL, but when I attempt to use the extension, it tells me there's a
    > network error and it can't connect...

    I dont' see this with FF3. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.

    In the last 2-4 months though I have seen that it mostly doesn't create
    usable tinyurls.

  4. Re: TinyURL extension stopped working

    Wayne Mery wrote:
    > Cruz, Jaime wrote:
    >> I'm guessing the website must've changed their interface or something.
    >> Anyone else notice this? I can surf into the site just fine to create
    >> a TinyURL, but when I attempt to use the extension, it tells me
    >> there's a network error and it can't connect...

    > I dont' see this with FF3. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.
    >
    > In the last 2-4 months though I have seen that it mostly doesn't create
    > usable tinyurls.

    Okay, I installed an updated version and it's working again, BUT it
    occasionally produces unusable tinyurls as you've discovered. It looks
    like it takes the original URL and changes some of the characters to
    "escaped" characters before converting (%hex code instead of the
    original character). When the URL gets converted back, it becomes an
    unknown page.

    --
    Jaime A. Cruz
    Secretary
    Nassau Wings Motorcycle Club
    http://www.nassauwings.org/
    Member-at-Large
    AMA District 34
    http://www.AMADistrict34.com/
    Pop's Run
    http://www.popsrun.org/

  5. Re: TinyURL extension stopped working

    Jaime A. Cruz, Jr. wrote:

    > Okay, I installed an updated version and it's working again, BUT it
    > occasionally produces unusable tinyurls as you've discovered. It looks
    > like it takes the original URL and changes some of the characters to
    > "escaped" characters before converting (%hex code instead of the
    > original character). When the URL gets converted back, it becomes an
    > unknown page.

    my philosophy: why install an extension when you can
    use other things like a bookmarklet. It does the same
    thing. Only difference, you don't have to worry about
    an extension causing problems. I've attached a
    bookmarklet which will do what the TinyURL does.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread