Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 - Mozilla ; I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but I don't see it with IE7.) What is it? (Other than an ...

  1. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but
    I don't see it with IE7.)

    What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)

    Bob

  2. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Bob Fleischer wrote:
    > I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    > that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but
    > I don't see it with IE7.)
    >
    > What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)
    >
    > Bob

    Where do you see this? do you have a url where this occurs?

  3. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Bob Fleischer wrote:
    >> I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    >> that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well,
    >> but I don't see it with IE7.)
    >>
    >> What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)
    >>
    >> Bob

    > Where do you see this? do you have a url where this occurs?

    This one is really bad:
    http://empirelink.ioffer.com/

    Visible in IE7 as well. Probably some poorly-configured WYSIWYG html
    editor.

    lj

  4. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONEX-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Lemuel Johnson wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Bob Fleischer wrote:
    >>> I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    >>> that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well,
    >>> but I don't see it with IE7.)
    >>>
    >>> What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> Where do you see this? do you have a url where this occurs?

    > This one is really bad:
    > http://empirelink.ioffer.com/
    >
    > Visible in IE7 as well. Probably some poorly-configured WYSIWYG html
    > editor.
    >
    > lj

    no bad header for me with SeaMonkey 1.12

    --
    David

  5. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Bob Fleischer wrote:
    > I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    > that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well, but
    > I don't see it with IE7.)
    >
    > What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)
    >
    > Bob

    Bob, looking at the coding for that site, you could see:-

    href="http://www.ioffer.com/i/TG-Heur-Grand-Carrera-Calibre-36-Japanese-Quartz--73321231"
    alt="TG Heur Grand Carrera Calibre 36 Japanese Quartz " title="TG Heur
    Grand Carrera Calibre 36 Japanese Quartz ">TG Heur Grand Carrera Calibre
    36 Japanese Quartz

    Normal 0 false false false
    EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 TAG HEUER GRAND CARRERA

    The first line gives the product info and the second line gives the gunk
    that you are asking about, so SM is doing what it should....showing you
    a line of rubbish!

    Putting the webpage address into the html validator at validator.w3.org
    shows there are 122 errors.

    HTH

    Daniel

  6. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Lemuel Johnson wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Bob Fleischer wrote:
    >>> I'm seeing lines like the above subject more and more often in pages
    >>> that I visit with Seamonkey. (I see it when I use Firefox as well,
    >>> but I don't see it with IE7.)
    >>>
    >>> What is it? (Other than an obviously misprogrammed web site.)
    >>>
    >>> Bob

    >> Where do you see this? do you have a url where this occurs?

    > This one is really bad:
    > http://empirelink.ioffer.com/
    >
    > Visible in IE7 as well. Probably some poorly-configured WYSIWYG html
    > editor.
    >
    > lj

    ?? I don't see anything untoward on that page

  7. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    On or about 10/11/2008 9:00 AM, Moz Champion (Dan) typed the following:
    > Lemuel Johnson wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Where do you see this? do you have a url where this occurs?

    >> This one is really bad:
    >> http://empirelink.ioffer.com/
    >>
    >> Visible in IE7 as well. Probably some poorly-configured WYSIWYG html
    >> editor.
    >>
    >> lj

    > ?? I don't see anything untoward on that page

    I see what he's talking about using 1.1.12
    See snapshot on Mozilla.support.screenshots

    --
    Ed

    "Once during prohibition, I was forced to live on nothing
    but food and water." -W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

  8. Re: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

    Ed Jones wrote:
    > On or about 10/11/2008 9:00 AM, Moz Champion (Dan) typed the following:

    >>> This one is really bad:
    >>> http://empirelink.ioffer.com/
    >>>
    >>> Visible in IE7 as well. Probably some poorly-configured WYSIWYG html
    >>> editor.
    >>>
    >>> lj

    >> ?? I don't see anything untoward on that page

    > I see what he's talking about using 1.1.12
    > See snapshot on Mozilla.support.screenshots

    Please remember to put a notation in the body of the message where the
    discussion is located Thank you

    ??I see the problem now, I don't know if I missed it the first time
    around or there was something else that prevented it from showing. In
    any case, yes, the problem exists.

    As another user opines, it may be the way the page is written.

+ Reply to Thread