Loging Onto Secure Newsgroup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Loging Onto Secure Newsgroup - Mozilla ; Hi I am a member of a forum that also has a newsgroup that I can view with Thunderbird. I know my user name and Password for this forum but do not know how to input them into Thunderbird so ...

  1. Loging Onto Secure Newsgroup

    Hi

    I am a member of a forum that also has a newsgroup that I can view with
    Thunderbird. I know my user name and Password for this forum but do not
    know how to input them into Thunderbird so I can use the forums with
    Thunderbird.

    Cheers Peter

  2. Re: Loging Onto Secure Newsgroup

    Possum wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am a member of a forum that also has a newsgroup that I can view with
    > Thunderbird. I know my user name and Password for this forum but do not
    > know how to input them into Thunderbird so I can use the forums with
    > Thunderbird.
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    Log on, if the group needs the username/password it will ask for it

  3. Re: Loging Onto Secure Newsgroup

    Possum delighted us by sending :
    > Hi
    >
    > I am a member of a forum that also has a newsgroup that I can view
    > with Thunderbird. I know my user name and Password for this forum
    > but do not know how to input them into Thunderbird so I can use the
    > forums with Thunderbird.
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    These mozilla lists don’t need username and password but for those
    that do, it is confusing as there are no boxes to put in that kind of
    information! What’s needed is to make sure you tick off a box in the
    Accounts Settings called “Always request authentication when
    connecting to this server”. Just go to Tools/Accounts Settings (if
    Windows) and look under Server Settings in the News. This would be
    after you have set up the account (add new account with name of
    server) then the first time you go to subscribe to and download the
    list or lists, a box will come up first asking for your username and
    then another asking your password. It will be saved so should not ask
    again.

    --
    [orange is in ca using sympatico]

+ Reply to Thread