SeaMonkey 2.0: Toolbar icon sizes - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey 2.0: Toolbar icon sizes - Mozilla ; [Cross-posted to mozilla.support.seamonkey and mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey; Follow-up set to mozilla.support.seamonkey (not sure which one is more appropriate).] Current SeaMonkey 2.0a2pre builds already employ new icon set for the classic/default theme different from the SeaMonkey 1.* versions. I've noticed the toolbar icons ...

  1. SeaMonkey 2.0: Toolbar icon sizes

    [Cross-posted to mozilla.support.seamonkey and
    mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey; Follow-up set to
    mozilla.support.seamonkey (not sure which one is more appropriate).]

    Current SeaMonkey 2.0a2pre builds already employ new icon set for
    the classic/default theme different from the SeaMonkey 1.* versions.
    I've noticed the toolbar icons are designed for 32x32 pixels size
    which seems a bit large to me. At least the Windows guidelines are
    to restrict toolbar icons to 24x24 pixels:

    :

    :

    > Render icons in all sizes needed, but optimize their design for the
    > sizes most often seen by users. For example, Windows Explorer can
    > display icons up to 256x256 pixels, but toolbar icons are limited to
    > 24x24 pixels.

    The SeaMonkey 1.* toolbar icons fit in 24x24 pixels. Do you think
    it is sensible to fit the SeaMonkey 2.0 toolbar icons to 24x24
    pixels, too?

    --
    Stanimir

  2. Re: SeaMonkey 2.0: Toolbar icon sizes

    On 10/09/2008 05:25 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > [Cross-posted to mozilla.support.seamonkey and
    > mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey; Follow-up set to
    > mozilla.support.seamonkey (not sure which one is more appropriate).]
    >
    > Current SeaMonkey 2.0a2pre builds already employ new icon set for
    > the classic/default theme different from the SeaMonkey 1.* versions.
    > I've noticed the toolbar icons are designed for 32x32 pixels size
    > which seems a bit large to me. At least the Windows guidelines are
    > to restrict toolbar icons to 24x24 pixels:
    >
    > :
    >
    >> If you are creating icons for a toolbar, the Windows standard sizes
    >> are 24 × 24 and 16 × 16 pixels.

    > :
    >
    >> Render icons in all sizes needed, but optimize their design for the
    >> sizes most often seen by users. For example, Windows Explorer can
    >> display icons up to 256x256 pixels, but toolbar icons are limited to
    >> 24x24 pixels.

    > The SeaMonkey 1.* toolbar icons fit in 24x24 pixels. Do you think
    > it is sensible to fit the SeaMonkey 2.0 toolbar icons to 24x24
    > pixels, too?

    And _please_ include a newsgroup icon so that it is different from the
    email icon... that way you can easily tell which taskbar tab is your
    email and which is a newsgroup tab when you open a newsgroup via "open
    in new mail window". That was never done in 1.1.x, but it would be quite
    nice in 2.x.

+ Reply to Thread