checksetup.pl question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on checksetup.pl question - Mozilla ; hi, i setup bugzilla seemingly well but i never got prompted by checksetup.pl for the admin account details, so i have no idea how to log in as the admin user. is there a way to setup without relying on ...

  1. checksetup.pl question

    hi, i setup bugzilla seemingly well but i never got prompted by
    checksetup.pl for the admin account details, so i have no idea how to
    log in as the admin user. is there a way to setup without relying on
    checksetup.pl?

    also, checksetup.pl is changing the permissions on the bugzilla
    installation to -rwxr-x--- and i'm unable to access these by my http
    server. i need to open the permissions to 755 for this to work. should
    i have done the install as the apache user or something?

    rgds.

  2. Re: checksetup.pl question

    On Oct 9, 3:29*pm, Listman wrote:
    > hi, i setup bugzilla seemingly well but i never got prompted by *
    > checksetup.pl for the admin account details, so i have no idea how to *
    > log in as the admin user. is there a way to setup without relying on *
    > checksetup.pl?
    >
    > also, checksetup.pl is changing the permissions on the bugzilla *
    > installation to -rwxr-x--- and i'm unable to access these by my http *
    > server. i need to open the permissions to 755 for this to work. should *
    > i have done the install as the apache user or something?
    >
    > rgds.

    hi..

    you can check user details into database. check if any user entry is
    there.

    you can keep your installation into a directory which is accessible by
    apache(/var/www/html) or you can create a link for your installation
    directory under apache default path or you can switch to installation
    user in httpd.conf file.

    hope one of these work for you.

+ Reply to Thread