Ignore Thread option - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Ignore Thread option - Mozilla ; I've been corresponding with another member of this list, who informs me the "Ignore Thread" option under the Message menu item is only available for the News Reader part of SeaMonkey (news.mozilla.org). That observation has been borne out by my ...

  1. Ignore Thread option

    I've been corresponding with another member of this list, who informs me the
    "Ignore Thread" option under the Message menu item is only available for the
    News Reader part of SeaMonkey (news.mozilla.org).
    That observation has been borne out by my discovery that Search in SM Help shows
    nothing.

    I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and list
    membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore Thread" option MOST
    welcome!
    Some threads go on and on and on, without the slightest content of interest to
    me, now or ever.
    Isn't this precisely why the "Ignore Thread" option was made available in the
    newsreader part of SM?

    Let this be my vote for the inclusion of a Message/Ignore Thread in SM 2.0 (or
    SM 1.1.13!) but active in the Inbox menubar as well.

    Thanks,

    keith whaley
    Mac version of SM 1.1.12

  2. Re: Ignore Thread option

    Keith_w wrote:
    > I've been corresponding with another member of this list, who informs
    > me the "Ignore Thread" option under the Message menu item is only
    > available for the News Reader part of SeaMonkey (news.mozilla.org).
    > That observation has been borne out by my discovery that Search in SM
    > Help shows nothing.
    >
    > I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and
    > list membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore
    > Thread" option MOST welcome!
    > Some threads go on and on and on, without the slightest content of
    > interest to me, now or ever.
    > Isn't this precisely why the "Ignore Thread" option was made available
    > in the newsreader part of SM?
    >
    > Let this be my vote for the inclusion of a Message/Ignore Thread in SM
    > 2.0 (or SM 1.1.13!) but active in the Inbox menubar as well.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > keith whaley
    > Mac version of SM 1.1.12

    To the newsgroup: I second Mr. Keith Whaley's suggestion, most
    emphatically! :-)

    --
    John Boyle

  3. Re: Ignore Thread option

    keith_w wrote:
    > I've been corresponding with another member of this list, who informs me
    > the "Ignore Thread" option under the Message menu item is only available
    > for the News Reader part of SeaMonkey (news.mozilla.org).
    > That observation has been borne out by my discovery that Search in SM
    > Help shows nothing.
    >
    > I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and list
    > membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore Thread"
    > option MOST welcome!
    > Some threads go on and on and on, without the slightest content of
    > interest to me, now or ever.
    > Isn't this precisely why the "Ignore Thread" option was made available
    > in the newsreader part of SM?
    >
    > Let this be my vote for the inclusion of a Message/Ignore Thread in SM
    > 2.0 (or SM 1.1.13!) but active in the Inbox menubar as well.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > keith whaley
    > Mac version of SM 1.1.12

    the Ignore Thread works for ANY news server. It will
    ignore that thread, and any new postings to that thread
    will be marked read and ignored.

    Why would you want it for Mail aswell?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  4. Re: Ignore Thread option

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > keith_w wrote:
    >> I've been corresponding with another member of this list, who informs me
    >> the "Ignore Thread" option under the Message menu item is only available
    >> for the News Reader part of SeaMonkey (news.mozilla.org).
    >> That observation has been borne out by my discovery that Search in SM
    >> Help shows nothing.
    >>
    >> I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and list
    >> membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore Thread"
    >> option MOST welcome!
    >> Some threads go on and on and on, without the slightest content of
    >> interest to me, now or ever.
    >> Isn't this precisely why the "Ignore Thread" option was made available
    >> in the newsreader part of SM?
    >>
    >> Let this be my vote for the inclusion of a Message/Ignore Thread in SM
    >> 2.0 (or SM 1.1.13!) but active in the Inbox menubar as well.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> keith whaley
    >> Mac version of SM 1.1.12

    > the Ignore Thread works for ANY news server. It will
    > ignore that thread, and any new postings to that thread
    > will be marked read and ignored.

    I'm not asking about a news server ~ I want it for my SM email client. I know
    what it does, I already know SM's newsreader has it. Now I want the same
    capabilities in SM's email client.

    > Why would you want it for Mail as well?

    When you spell mail as "Mail" I think of Apple's Mail program, which I do NOT use.
    I'm asking for it to be incorporated into SeaMonkey's email client side of
    things, to which I can only give a descriptive name: "SM's email client."

    In explanation, I can only reiterate:

    >> I spend more than half of my total online time inside the email and list
    >> membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore Thread"
    >> option MOST welcome!

    keith whaley

  5. Re: Ignore Thread option

    Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:38:52 -0700, /Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo/:
    > keith_w wrote:
    >
    >> [...]
    >> I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and
    >> list membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore
    >> Thread" option MOST welcome!
    >> [...]

    > the Ignore Thread works for ANY news server. It will ignore that thread,
    > and any new postings to that thread will be marked read and ignored.
    >
    > Why would you want it for Mail aswell?

    Because he is subscribed to mailing lists which appear to bring high
    volume many of which he's not interested in. I would like to have
    the same ignore thread feature available for mail for the same
    reason, too.

    --
    Stanimir

  6. Re: Ignore Thread option

    On 10/08/2008 02:41 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:38:52 -0700, /Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo/:
    >> keith_w wrote:
    >>
    >>> [...]
    >>> I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and
    >>> list membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore
    >>> Thread" option MOST welcome!
    >>> [...]

    >> the Ignore Thread works for ANY news server. It will ignore that thread,
    >> and any new postings to that thread will be marked read and ignored.
    >>
    >> Why would you want it for Mail aswell?

    > Because he is subscribed to mailing lists which appear to bring high
    > volume many of which he's not interested in. I would like to have
    > the same ignore thread feature available for mail for the same
    > reason, too.

    It would be very helpful. Perhaps there is already a bug/feature request
    that you can add to:

    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...=ignore+thread

  7. Re: Ignore Thread option

    Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:49:48 -0700, /NoOp/:
    > On 10/08/2008 02:41 PM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    >
    >> Because he is subscribed to mailing lists which appear to bring high
    >> volume many of which he's not interested in. I would like to have
    >> the same ignore thread feature available for mail for the same
    >> reason, too.

    > It would be very helpful. Perhaps there is already a bug/feature request
    > that you can add to:
    >
    > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist...=ignore+thread

    Thanks. There appear two relevant reports:

    Bug 261223 "Ignore Thread and Watch Thread options are not available
    in pop3/imap mailboxes"

    Bug 359407 "[rfe] ignore thread for mail"

    --
    Stanimir

  8. Re: Ignore Thread option

    Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:38:52 -0700, /Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo/:
    >> keith_w wrote:
    >>
    >>> [...]
    >>> I spend at least half of my total online time inside the email and
    >>> list membership messages in my Inbox, and would find an "Ignore
    >>> Thread" option MOST welcome!
    >>> [...]

    >> the Ignore Thread works for ANY news server. It will ignore that thread,
    >> and any new postings to that thread will be marked read and ignored.
    >>
    >> Why would you want it for Mail aswell?

    > Because he is subscribed to mailing lists which appear to bring high
    > volume many of which he's not interested in. I would like to have
    > the same ignore thread feature available for mail for the same
    > reason, too.

    I can understand that. More and more people use mailing lists instead
    of News.

    It would seem the work around right now is Messages > Create Filter from
    Message > Subject is <> and delete.

    B/

+ Reply to Thread