Downloading Audio Files - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Downloading Audio Files - Mozilla ; How can I download the audio files referred to at ?...

  1. Downloading Audio Files

    How can I download the audio files referred to at
    ?

  2. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > How can I download the audio files referred to at
    > ?

    They don't want you to download them. They want you to listen from the
    web page.

    Unless of course you have a SWF converter...

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > How can I download the audio files referred to at
    > ?

    In reviewing the source, I see there are notes showing a path to the
    mp3's...

    --
    Terry R.

  4. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    Terry R. has written on 10/7/2008 8:14 PM:
    > The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> How can I download the audio files referred to at
    >> ?
    >>

    > In reviewing the source, I see there are notes showing a path to the
    > mp3's...

    So then I need to ... ????

  5. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    Terry R. has written on 10/7/2008 8:14 PM:
    > The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> How can I download the audio files referred to at
    >> ?
    >>

    > In reviewing the source, I see there are notes showing a path to the
    > mp3's..

    Like

    Aha!! http://www.njsymphony.org/BestOf/aud...onyNo5Mvt1.mp3 !!!

    Thanks.

  6. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    The date and time was 10/7/2008 5:21 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. has written on 10/7/2008 8:14 PM:
    >> The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>

    >>> How can I download the audio files referred to at
    >>> ?
    >>>

    >> In reviewing the source, I see there are notes showing a path to the
    >> mp3's..

    > Like
    >

    > Aha!! http://www.njsymphony.org/BestOf/aud...onyNo5Mvt1.mp3 !!!
    >
    > Thanks.

    ;-)

    --
    Terry R.

  7. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Terry R. has written on 10/7/2008 8:14 PM:
    >> The date and time was 10/7/2008 4:08 PM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>

    >>> How can I download the audio files referred to at
    >>> ?
    >>>

    >> In reviewing the source, I see there are notes showing a path to the
    >> mp3's..

    > Like
    >

    > Aha!! http://www.njsymphony.org/BestOf/aud...onyNo5Mvt1.mp3 !!!
    >
    > Thanks.

    ????? Those are 40 second bait mpegs ???????

  8. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    On 08.10.2008 01:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Pete Holsberg
    to generate the following:? :
    > How can I download the audio files referred to at
    > ?

    the easiest way is to use your sound-card's software...
    Windows has a recorder, which is "attached" to the sound card....
    and my (very old, but very efficient) SoundBlaster also has recorder
    s/w.....
    that is the way I record Internet Radio casts to my HD, before
    converting to MP3 and burning to CD.

    reg

  9. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    Pete Holsberg has written on 10/8/2008 11:49 AM:
    > squaredancer has written on 10/8/2008 9:21 AM:
    >
    >> On 08.10.2008 01:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Pete Holsberg
    >> to generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>> How can I download the audio files referred to at
    >>> ?
    >>>

    >> the easiest way is to use your sound-card's software...
    >> Windows has a recorder, which is "attached" to the sound card....
    >> and my (very old, but very efficient) SoundBlaster also has recorder
    >> s/w.....
    >> that is the way I record Internet Radio casts to my HD, before
    >> converting to MP3 and burning to CD.
    >>

    > Interesting! I tried to use Audacity, but I get feedback from the
    > speaker/microphone. I'll play some more.

    Still getting feedback AND noise! IS there some othe rpiece of software
    you recommend?

  10. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    On 09.10.2008 17:46, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Pete Holsberg
    to generate the following:? :
    > Pete Holsberg has written on 10/8/2008 11:49 AM:
    >
    >> squaredancer has written on 10/8/2008 9:21 AM:
    >>

    >>> On 08.10.2008 01:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Pete Holsberg
    >>> to generate the following:? :

    >>> the easiest way is to use your sound-card's software...
    >>> Windows has a recorder, which is "attached" to the sound card....
    >>> and my (very old, but very efficient) SoundBlaster also has recorder
    >>> s/w.....
    >>> that is the way I record Internet Radio casts to my HD, before
    >>> converting to MP3 and burning to CD.
    >>>

    >> Interesting! I tried to use Audacity, but I get feedback from the
    >> speaker/microphone. I'll play some more.
    >>

    > Still getting feedback AND noise! IS there some othe rpiece of software
    > you recommend?

    If you don't need the micro (recording from a website) switch it to "mute".
    as to the feedback, there is a tickbox someplace (can't remember where,
    haven't looked yet) that sets the micro to high resistance.... switch
    that setting OFF.

    reg

  11. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    squaredancer has written on 10/9/2008 2:59 PM:
    > If you don't need the micro (recording from a website) switch it to "mute".
    > as to the feedback, there is a tickbox someplace (can't remember where,
    > haven't looked yet) that sets the micro to high resistance.... switch
    > that setting OFF.

    I can set the microphone volume level to 0, but I haven't found that
    tickbox.

    Anyway, I think that a lot of the noise being generated is coming from
    my SB USB sound card itself! :-(

  12. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    On 10.10.2008 02:10, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Pete Holsberg
    to generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer has written on 10/9/2008 2:59 PM:
    >
    >> If you don't need the micro (recording from a website) switch it to "mute".
    >> as to the feedback, there is a tickbox someplace (can't remember where,
    >> haven't looked yet) that sets the micro to high resistance.... switch
    >> that setting OFF.
    >>

    > I can set the microphone volume level to 0, but I haven't found that
    > tickbox.

    if you are using XP,
    Controlpanel - doubleclick to open Sounds and Audio
    open the [Audio] tab
    in the middle field (Recording, with the microphone icon ??) click the
    [Volumn] button
    under the Microphone adjuster, click the [Advanced] button
    there, in the new window, you'll find the [ ] tick box called
    Microphone +20dB Boost
    UNtick that box

    (well, did I say that it was well hidden ?? :-D )

    > Anyway, I think that a lot of the noise being generated is coming from
    > my SB USB sound card itself! :-(

    I don't have any problems with my SB card, and it's really "old" (had it
    since my Win95 days) - but that doesn't mean squat to you..... maybe you
    could look at the Soundblaster Homepage, check for newer drivers??

    reg

  13. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    squaredancer has written on 10/10/2008 3:48 AM:

    > if you are using XP,
    > Controlpanel - doubleclick to open Sounds and Audio
    > open the [Audio] tab
    > in the middle field (Recording, with the microphone icon ??) click the
    > [Volume] button

    I get a window labeled "Capture"

    > under the Microphone adjuster, click the [Advanced] button
    > there, in the new window, you'll find the [ ] tick box called
    > Microphone +20dB Boost
    > UNtick that box

    I don't have any of that in the Capture window. I have a slider for
    volume and one for balance, for each of "Line-In/Mic-In" and "What U
    Hear" And the symbols are for speakers.

  14. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    The date and time was 10/11/2008 8:58 AM, and on a whim, Pete Holsberg
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > squaredancer has written on 10/10/2008 3:48 AM:
    >>
    >> if you are using XP,
    >> Controlpanel - doubleclick to open Sounds and Audio
    >> open the [Audio] tab
    >> in the middle field (Recording, with the microphone icon ??) click the
    >> [Volume] button
    >>

    > I get a window labeled "Capture"
    >

    >> under the Microphone adjuster, click the [Advanced] button
    >> there, in the new window, you'll find the [ ] tick box called
    >> Microphone +20dB Boost
    >> UNtick that box
    >>

    > I don't have any of that in the Capture window. I have a slider for
    > volume and one for balance, for each of "Line-In/Mic-In" and "What U
    > Hear" And the symbols are for speakers.

    Hi Pete,

    "Capture" might be a dialog box controlled by your audio software,
    because you should get a dialog that states "Play Control" or "Recording
    Control", depending on what you select under "Adjust volume for".

    In Play Control, click Options, Properties and check Microphone. You
    should then have a panel control for the Mike and an Advanced button.
    Then select "Adjust volume for" and click Recording, because there I see
    the "What U Hear" option, but I don't have that checked. Make sure
    Microphone is checked there also.

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: Downloading Audio Files

    Terry R. has written on 10/13/2008 9:46 AM:
    > "Capture" might be a dialog box controlled by your audio software,
    > because you should get a dialog that states "Play Control" or "Recording
    > Control", depending on what you select under "Adjust volume for".
    >
    > In Play Control, click Options, Properties and check Microphone. You
    > should then have a panel control for the Mike and an Advanced button.
    > Then select "Adjust volume for" and click Recording, because there I see
    > the "What U Hear" option, but I don't have that checked. Make sure
    > Microphone is checked there also.

    I circumvented the problem by obtaining a copy of "Replay Media Catcher"!

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread