Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts - Mozilla ; squaredancer wrote: > On 11.10.2008 12:27, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to > generate the following:? : >> On 11.10.2008 03:39, PeeGee wrote: >> >> --- Original Message --- >> >> >>> That may depend ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 11.10.2008 12:27, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jay Garcia to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On 11.10.2008 03:39, PeeGee wrote:

    I'm partial to Arial, myself. I find, possibly from being over 40, that
    the serif fonts are somewhat harder to read than sans. Can't comment on
    Comis Sans, however, since I don't know if I've ever seen it.

  2. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    Traveller wrote:
    > Can't comment on Comis Sans, however, since I don't know if I've ever
    > seen it.

    you've seen it!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    *-* On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, at 00:39:15 -0700,
    *-* In Article OaSdnVdYooPQNWzVnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote
    *-* About Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    > Traveller wrote:

    >> Can't comment on Comis Sans, however, since I don't know if I've
    >> ever seen it.

    > you've seen it!

    Only if he/she is set to view message bodies in Original HTML.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  4. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    "Ken Whiton" wrote in message news:YYSdnUfwro16M2zVnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > *-* On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, at 00:39:15 -0700,
    > *-* In Article OaSdnVdYooPQNWzVnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote
    > *-* About Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts
    >
    >> Traveller wrote:
    >>> Can't comment on Comic Sans, however, since I don't know if I've
    >>> ever seen it.

    >> you've seen it!

    > Only if he/she is set to view message bodies in Original HTML.

    I think the point is that "Traveller" has seen Comic Sans before and it would
    not necessarily have to have been in email, though I think I see it
    more in email than in websites that I visit.

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ansms_test.htm
    Macs have a different version of Comic Sans

  5. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:37:51 -0400
    "David McRitchie" wrote:

    > "Ken Whiton" wrote in message
    > news:YYSdnUfwro16M2zVnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > > *-* On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, at 00:39:15 -0700,
    > > *-* In Article OaSdnVdYooPQNWzVnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > > *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote
    > > *-* About Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    > >> you've seen it!

    > > Only if he/she is set to view message bodies in Original HTML.

    > I think the point is that "Traveller" has seen Comic Sans before
    > and it would not necessarily have to have been in email, though I
    > think I see it more in email than in websites that I visit.

    I see it more offline than online, on sighs and flyers. Some examples
    at .

  6. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:45:59 -0500
    »Q« wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:37:51 -0400
    > "David McRitchie" wrote:
    >
    > > "Ken Whiton" wrote in message
    > > news:YYSdnUfwro16M2zVnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > > > *-* On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, at 00:39:15 -0700,
    > > > *-* In Article OaSdnVdYooPQNWzVnZ2dnUVZ_rmdnZ2d@mozilla.org,
    > > > *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote
    > > > *-* About Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some
    > > > contacts

    > > > Only if he/she is set to view message bodies in Original
    > > > HTML.

    > > I think the point is that "Traveller" has seen Comic Sans before
    > > and it would not necessarily have to have been in email, though I
    > > think I see it more in email than in websites that I visit.

    > I see it more offline than online, on sighs and flyers. Some examples
    > at .

    I tend to sigh when I see them, but I meant signs.

  7. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    *-* On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, at 14:37:51 -0400,
    *-* In Article H6KdndJn9K-02W_VnZ2dnUVZ_obinZ2d@mozilla.org,
    *-* David McRitchie wrote
    *-* About Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    > "Ken Whiton" wrote in message
    > news:YYSdnUfwro16M2zVnZ2dnUVZ_jKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> *-* Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote

    >>> you've seen it!

    >> Only if he/she is set to view message bodies in Original HTML.

    > I think the point is that "Traveller" has seen Comic Sans before

    No, the point here is that Grant ("Peter") was showing him/her
    what it looks like (or trying to do so).

    > and it would not necessarily have to have been in email, though I
    > think I see it more in email than in websites that I visit.

    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ansms_test.htm
    > Macs have a different version of Comic Sans

    Grant's post was in HTML, and specified the Comic Sans font for
    the "you've seen it!" line. My comment was pointing out to Grant that
    there is still no guarantee that his intent was achieved.

    Ken Whiton

    FIDO: 1:132/152

  8. Re: Specifically allow HTML emails only from some contacts

    Ken Whiton wrote:
    > Grant's post was in HTML, and specified the Comic Sans font for
    > the "you've seen it!" line. My comment was pointing out to Grant that
    > there is still no guarantee that his intent was achieved.

    Okay thanks, Thought that was a question, didn't realize it was it was
    in HTML and written in comic sans. At first thought it was Grant
    trying prolong things on a misspelling, but then noticed the typo wasn't
    in the original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2