How to change toolbar order - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to change toolbar order - Mozilla ; I just added an extension which added a toolbar, but it placed it below a certain other toolbar, and I want it above it. Is there any way to do that? (Editing files is fine)...

  1. How to change toolbar order

    I just added an extension which added a toolbar, but it placed it below a certain other toolbar, and I want it above it.
    Is there any way to do that?

    (Editing files is fine)

  2. Re: How to change toolbar order

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:11:02 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:

    > I just added an extension which added a toolbar, but it placed it below a certain other toolbar, and I want it above it.
    > Is there any way to do that?

    userChrome.css (or the Stylish extension) and a style using
    -moz-box-ordinal should do it. Otherwise without knowing what extension
    you are talking about of what toolbar it is below of, we can't help you.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]I know a good tagline when I steal one.

  3. Re: How to change toolbar order

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:11:02 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:
    >
    >> I just added an extension which added a toolbar, but it placed it below a certain other toolbar, and I want it above it.
    >> Is there any way to do that?

    > userChrome.css (or the Stylish extension) and a style using
    > -moz-box-ordinal should do it. Otherwise without knowing what extension
    > you are talking about of what toolbar it is below of, we can't help you.
    >
    > Phil

    I installed Web Developer Toolbar and it went between Multizilla's and Googlebar's ( http://googlebar.mozdev.org )
    I want it to go above Multizilla.

  4. Re: How to change toolbar order

    On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:06:37 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:
    > Philip Chee wrote:
    >> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:11:02 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just added an extension which added a toolbar, but it placed it below a certain other toolbar, and I want it above it.
    >>> Is there any way to do that?

    >> userChrome.css (or the Stylish extension) and a style using
    >> -moz-box-ordinal should do it. Otherwise without knowing what extension
    >> you are talking about of what toolbar it is below of, we can't help you.
    >>

    > I installed Web Developer Toolbar and it went between Multizilla's and Googlebar's ( http://googlebar.mozdev.org )
    > I want it to go above Multizilla.

    Use the DOM Inspector to find out what the ID of the Web Developer
    toolbar is. Then use userChrome.css to give it a -moz-box-ordinal value
    starting with 1,2,3 until you get it to the position you want it.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Reduce Carbon Dioxide emmissions - STOP Breathing

  5. Re: How to change toolbar order

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:06:37 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:
    >> Philip Chee wrote:

    >>> userChrome.css (or the Stylish extension) and a style using
    >>> -moz-box-ordinal should do it. Otherwise without knowing what extension
    >>> you are talking about of what toolbar it is below of, we can't help you.
    >>>

    >> I installed Web Developer Toolbar and it went between Multizilla's and Googlebar's ( http://googlebar.mozdev.org )
    >> I want it to go above Multizilla.

    > Use the DOM Inspector to find out what the ID of the Web Developer
    > toolbar is. Then use userChrome.css to give it a -moz-box-ordinal value
    > starting with 1,2,3 until you get it to the position you want it.
    >
    > Phil

    I can't seem to get it to work

    -moz-box-ordinal doesn't do anything
    with -moz-box-ordinal-group, I can move it down, but I can't get it above the Multizilla toolbar.
    (in the dom inspector, it looks like Multizilla's has insertafter PersonalToolbar, could that be the reason)?

  6. Re: How to change toolbar order

    Philip Chee wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:06:37 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:
    >> Philip Chee wrote:

    >>> userChrome.css (or the Stylish extension) and a style using
    >>> -moz-box-ordinal should do it. Otherwise without knowing what extension
    >>> you are talking about of what toolbar it is below of, we can't help you.
    >>>

    >> I installed Web Developer Toolbar and it went between Multizilla's and Googlebar's ( http://googlebar.mozdev.org )
    >> I want it to go above Multizilla.

    > Use the DOM Inspector to find out what the ID of the Web Developer
    > toolbar is. Then use userChrome.css to give it a -moz-box-ordinal value
    > starting with 1,2,3 until you get it to the position you want it.
    >
    > Phil

    I was able to get it how I wanted it like this

    #webdeveloper-toolbar
    {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 ! important;
    }

    #MultiZillaToolbar
    {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 ! important;
    }

    #googlebar
    {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 ! important;
    }

  7. Re: How to change toolbar order

    On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:35:04 -0400, Trel Smith wrote:

    > I was able to get it how I wanted it like this
    >
    > #webdeveloper-toolbar
    > {
    > -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 ! important;
    > }
    >
    > #MultiZillaToolbar
    > {
    > -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 ! important;
    > }
    >
    > #googlebar
    > {
    > -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 ! important;
    > }

    Ah, excellent work, Trel old chum.

    Phil

    --
    Philip Chee ,
    [ ]Advisor: The guy who told you how to screw up

+ Reply to Thread