Firefox/TB getting unstable - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox/TB getting unstable - Mozilla ; It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

  1. Firefox/TB getting unstable

    It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    doing lately, restarting FF.

    Having the same issue with TB.

    I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.

    Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...
    --
    Terry R.

  2. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    > crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    > for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    > months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    > doing lately, restarting FF.
    >
    > Having the same issue with TB.
    >
    > I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >
    > Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    crosspost removed Please do not crosspost thankyou

    Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

  3. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > crosspost removed Please do not crosspost thankyou
    >
    > Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    > is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

    I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.

    Thank you for understanding,

    --
    Terry R.

  4. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > crosspost removed Please do not crosspost thankyou
    >
    > Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    > is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

    I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.

    Thank you for understanding,

    --
    Terry R.

  5. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    > crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    > for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    > months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    > doing lately, restarting FF.
    >
    > Having the same issue with TB.
    >
    > I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >
    > Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    > crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    > for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    > months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    > doing lately, restarting FF.
    >
    > Having the same issue with TB.
    >
    > I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >
    > Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  7. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:28 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?

    I have in the past. I rarely find anything useful in them.

    --
    Terry R.

  8. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:28 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?

    I have in the past. I rarely find anything useful in them.

    --
    Terry R.

  9. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    > is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

    Your "Welcome and FAQ 29 Aug" under "What subject line should I use?"
    makes it clear. I didn't feel it was necessary to add anything extra.

    Are you saying you want, a notification line like, "discussion located
    in mozilla.support.firefox & mozilla.support.thunderbird"? I would
    think if the subject is clear, it would be obvious. But if you want it
    regardless, I will try to remember next time.

    --
    Terry R.

  10. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    > crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    > for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    > months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    > doing lately, restarting FF.
    >
    > Having the same issue with TB.
    >
    > I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >
    > Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    crosspost snipped, please do no crosspost

  11. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    > (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3
    >>> has crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once
    >>> per day for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't
    >>> changed in months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I
    >>> have been doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>>
    >>> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>>
    >>> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that
    >>> many.
    >>>
    >>> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    >> crosspost removed Please do not crosspost thankyou
    >>
    >> Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    >> is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

    > I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    > remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.
    >
    > Thank you for understanding,

    Guidelines are here

    guideline regarding crossposts reprinted here for your edification

    No crossposting.

    It is almost never appropriate to send the same message to two
    mailing lists or newsgroups. Please don't do it. Or, if you must, make
    sure you set the Followup-To and Reply-To fields to ensure that replies
    go only to one, not to both.
    example: Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey
    Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    FollowUp-To: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    Subject: XPFE browser?

    It is never appropriate to send the same message to two forums when
    one of those forums has "general" in its name.

  12. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    On 9/30/2008 4:44 PM, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    >> (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> crosspost removed Please do not crosspost thankyou
    >>>
    >>> Please remember to add a notification line as to where the discussion
    >>> is, when you submit screen shots thankyou.

    >> I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    >> remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.
    >>
    >> Thank you for understanding,
    >>

    > Guidelines are here
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >
    > guideline regarding crossposts reprinted here for your edification
    >
    > No crossposting.
    >
    > It is almost never appropriate to send the same message to two
    > mailing lists or newsgroups. Please don't do it. Or, if you must, make
    > sure you set the Followup-To and Reply-To fields to ensure that replies
    > go only to one, not to both.
    > example: Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey
    > Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    > FollowUp-To: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    > Subject: XPFE browser?
    >
    > It is never appropriate to send the same message to two forums when
    > one of those forums has "general" in its name.

    What then do we do if we have a question about the interface between two
    different Mozilla elements? I thought reposting the same message
    separately to two newsgroups was a worse offence than cross-posting.

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  13. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:41 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > crosspost snipped, please do no crosspost

    Please do NOT remove the crosspost. You are NOT a moderator here. I
    referenced both groups because the issue is on both. I do not want to
    have to reply twice to any comments.

    But here's a question for you. Why do you use "Moz Champion" when
    Mozilla does not recognize the "Champions" as such? Sure there's
    reference on ufaq, for obvious reasons when secnews was hosting mozilla
    groups. And even Chris I.'s site is clearly talking about secnews. But
    since Mozilla no longer uses secnews, your identifier is confusing at
    best. You do not have the power you had in secnews (except what has
    been possibly given to you in the screenshots group), and clearly only
    Chris, Nir & Q are overseeing these groups.

    And when you try to impose authority like you've done here, others may
    think you are directly connected with Mozilla, which you're not. I
    seriously doubt any users except those who've been in secnews even know
    what a Champion reference is all about.

    follow up set to mozilla.general

    --
    Terry R.

  14. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:41 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3 has
    >> crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once per day
    >> for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't changed in
    >> months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I have been
    >> doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>
    >> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>
    >> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that many.
    >>
    >> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    > crosspost snipped, please do no crosspost

    Please do NOT remove the crosspost. You are NOT a moderator here. I
    referenced both groups because the issue is on both. I do not want to
    have to reply twice to any comments.

    But here's a question for you. Why do you use "Moz Champion" when
    Mozilla does not recognize the "Champions" as such? Sure there's
    reference on ufaq, for obvious reasons when secnews was hosting mozilla
    groups. And even Chris I.'s site is clearly talking about secnews. But
    since Mozilla no longer uses secnews, your identifier is confusing at
    best. You do not have the power you had in secnews (except what has
    been possibly given to you in the screenshots group), and clearly only
    Chris, Nir & Q are overseeing these groups.

    And when you try to impose authority like you've done here, others may
    think you are directly connected with Mozilla, which you're not. I
    seriously doubt any users except those who've been in secnews even know
    what a Champion reference is all about.

    follow up set to mozilla.general

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:49 PM, and on a whim, David E. Ross
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 9/30/2008 4:44 PM, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    >>> (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    >>> remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for understanding,
    >>>

    >> Guidelines are here
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >>
    >> guideline regarding crossposts reprinted here for your edification
    >>
    >> No crossposting.
    >>
    >> It is almost never appropriate to send the same message to two
    >> mailing lists or newsgroups. Please don't do it. Or, if you must, make
    >> sure you set the Followup-To and Reply-To fields to ensure that replies
    >> go only to one, not to both.
    >> example: Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey
    >> Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    >> FollowUp-To: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    >> Subject: XPFE browser?
    >>
    >> It is never appropriate to send the same message to two forums when
    >> one of those forums has "general" in its name.
    >>

    > What then do we do if we have a question about the interface between two
    > different Mozilla elements? I thought reposting the same message
    > separately to two newsgroups was a worse offence than cross-posting.

    Yes, it causes one to have to reply twice to everything. Maybe I didn't
    do it exactly per the "if you must", but there is still an option to do so.

    Dan is playing cop rather than sticking to the issues at hand. "Moz
    Champion" can go to ones head I guess. His off topic comments have
    created more mess than it was worth.

    --
    Terry R.

  16. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:49 PM, and on a whim, David E. Ross
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 9/30/2008 4:44 PM, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:19 PM, and on a whim, Moz Champion
    >>> (Dan) pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> I'm sorry, I made reference to both, so please don't take the liberty to
    >>> remove the crosspost. That way no one has to reply twice.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for understanding,
    >>>

    >> Guidelines are here
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >>
    >> guideline regarding crossposts reprinted here for your edification
    >>
    >> No crossposting.
    >>
    >> It is almost never appropriate to send the same message to two
    >> mailing lists or newsgroups. Please don't do it. Or, if you must, make
    >> sure you set the Followup-To and Reply-To fields to ensure that replies
    >> go only to one, not to both.
    >> example: Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey
    >> Newsgroup: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    >> FollowUp-To: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
    >> Subject: XPFE browser?
    >>
    >> It is never appropriate to send the same message to two forums when
    >> one of those forums has "general" in its name.
    >>

    > What then do we do if we have a question about the interface between two
    > different Mozilla elements? I thought reposting the same message
    > separately to two newsgroups was a worse offence than cross-posting.

    Yes, it causes one to have to reply twice to everything. Maybe I didn't
    do it exactly per the "if you must", but there is still an option to do so.

    Dan is playing cop rather than sticking to the issues at hand. "Moz
    Champion" can go to ones head I guess. His off topic comments have
    created more mess than it was worth.

    --
    Terry R.

  17. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:28 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3
    >>> has crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once
    >>> per day for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't
    >>> changed in months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I
    >>> have been doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>>
    >>> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>>
    >>> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that
    >>> many.
    >>>
    >>> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    >> did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?
    >>

    > I have in the past. I rarely find anything useful in them.

    then try Dr Watson and see if that reports anything
    better.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:28 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> It used to be FF/TB NEVER crashed (this was the case with v2x). FF3
    >>> has crashed three times today, and has been doing so at least once
    >>> per day for a while now. My daily routine of web pages open hasn't
    >>> changed in months. It wasn't until today that it dawned on me what I
    >>> have been doing lately, restarting FF.
    >>>
    >>> Having the same issue with TB.
    >>>
    >>> I suppose it could be attributed to Add-ons, but I don't use all that
    >>> many.
    >>>
    >>> Starting to lose my faith in Mozilla here...

    >> did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?
    >>

    > I have in the past. I rarely find anything useful in them.

    then try Dr Watson and see if that reports anything
    better.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  19. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable

    The date and time was 9/30/2008 5:24 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 9/30/2008 4:28 PM, and on a whim, Peter Potamus
    >> the Purple Hippo pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> did you click on "click here" to see what the report says?
    >>>

    >> I have in the past. I rarely find anything useful in them.
    >>

    > then try Dr Watson and see if that reports anything
    > better.

    Other than the repetitive
    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.
    and
    WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be
    wrong.

    it really just lists FF and any associated modules that were loaded
    (flash, etc).

    If I could guess on a site that may be triggering it, I would guess it
    would be cnbc.com. Lot of javascript, flash, etc., and refreshes
    throughout the day. Of course the same thing doesn't happen if I let it
    run in IE...

    TB is just random, but it seems to happen if I click on a new email or
    newsgroup post sometime during the day.

    But like I said, I *never* used to have either of them crash, and that
    was a strong NEVER. It's more than a little disappointing.

    --
    Terry R.

  20. Re: Firefox/TB getting unstable