How NOT to show page from cache? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How NOT to show page from cache? - Mozilla ; ie has a setting at Tools - Internet Options - General - Browsing History - Settings - (Temporary Internet Files and History Settings) in which I can select whether I see newer version of stored pages - Everytime I visit ...

  1. How NOT to show page from cache?

    ie has a setting at Tools - Internet Options - General - Browsing
    History - Settings - (Temporary Internet Files and History Settings)
    in which I can select whether I see newer version of stored pages -
    Everytime I visit the webpage or never, etc.

    Where is the equivalent setting in ff3 so that I can stop it from
    showing the cached page from my harddisk and to load the page every time
    from the site or from the harddisk if the page is in hdd?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How NOT to show page from cache?

    On 9/24/2008 1:36 PM, V S Rawat wrote:
    > ie has a setting at Tools - Internet Options - General - Browsing
    > History - Settings - (Temporary Internet Files and History Settings)
    > in which I can select whether I see newer version of stored pages -
    > Everytime I visit the webpage or never, etc.
    >
    > Where is the equivalent setting in ff3 so that I can stop it from
    > showing the cached page from my harddisk and to load the page every time
    > from the site or from the harddisk if the page is in hdd?
    >
    > Thanks.

    It used to be in the Tools>options menu, but I can't find it there now.
    In about:config filter on browser.cache.check_doc_frequency

    There are the possible settings:
    0: Check once per browser session
    1: Check every time I view the page
    2: Never check (always use cached page)
    3 (default): Check when the page is out of date (automatically determined)

    Set it to 1 to get the functionality you want.
    Dave Pyles

  3. Re: How NOT to show page from cache?

    David Pyles wrote:
    > On 9/24/2008 1:36 PM, V S Rawat wrote:
    >> ie has a setting at Tools - Internet Options - General - Browsing
    >> History - Settings - (Temporary Internet Files and History Settings)
    >> in which I can select whether I see newer version of stored pages -
    >> Everytime I visit the webpage or never, etc.
    >>
    >> Where is the equivalent setting in ff3 so that I can stop it from
    >> showing the cached page from my harddisk and to load the page every
    >> time from the site or from the harddisk if the page is in hdd?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > It used to be in the Tools>options menu, but I can't find it there now.
    > In about:config filter on browser.cache.check_doc_frequency
    >
    > There are the possible settings:
    > 0: Check once per browser session
    > 1: Check every time I view the page
    > 2: Never check (always use cached page)
    > 3 (default): Check when the page is out of date (automatically determined)
    >
    > Set it to 1 to get the functionality you want.
    > Dave Pyles

    I don't know for sure but I thought the HTML files themselves can set
    caching ?

  4. Re: How NOT to show page from cache?

    V S Rawat wrote:
    > Where is the equivalent setting in ff3 so that I can stop it from
    > showing the cached page from my harddisk and to load the page every time
    > from the site or from the harddisk if the page is in hdd?

    If you're going to stop it showing pages from the cache all the time,
    then it would make more sense to stop it caching the pages in the first
    place, as this is just wearing out your disk (and slowing your PC).
    Neither of these effects are likely to be significant, but I was taught
    "Waste not, want not".

    Of course, if everyone set their PC this way, the Internet would
    collapse under the load of downloading unchanged pages repetitively. We
    can't win.

    --
    Steve Swift
    http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

  5. Re: How NOT to show page from cache?

    my blog is not show a cache:http://www.astrozone.org/

  6. Re: How NOT to show page from cache?

    Hello there,

    sir plz help me my blog is not show a cache page
    why tell me.
    cache:http://www.astrozone.org/

+ Reply to Thread