space bar and number of lines - Mozilla

This is a discussion on space bar and number of lines - Mozilla ; Can I control the number of lines Firefox will scroll down when I press the space bar? Thanks. Bruce...

  1. space bar and number of lines

    Can I control the number of lines Firefox will scroll down when I
    press the space bar?

    Thanks.
    Bruce

  2. Re: space bar and number of lines

    brucegooglegroups wrote:
    > Can I control the number of lines Firefox will scroll down when I
    > press the space bar?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Bruce

    The space bar is go down one screen
    You can also use the Pagedown key (if your keyboard has this) or on
    Linux the Shift+Backspace as well

    The down arrow (Alt +scrolldown on Windows/Linux) will go down one line

    As far as I know, there's no way to change the space-pagedown function
    to half-pagedown.

    But there are a few other options that could get you close. The first
    one to come to mind is a bookmarklet of something like:

    javascript:self.scrollBy(0,300);

    which would scroll down 300 pixels. You could bookmark that to your
    toolbar and instead of pressing space, you just click that.

    The mozless add-on gives you key bindings with functions like the Unix
    command less (i.e. more). It defaults to D for the half-scroll, though.

    *Mozless is not yet upgraded for 3.0.2

  3. Re: space bar and number of lines

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > brucegooglegroups wrote:
    >> Can I control the number of lines Firefox will scroll down when I
    >> press the space bar?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Bruce

    > The space bar is go down one screen
    > You can also use the Pagedown key (if your keyboard has this) or on
    > Linux the Shift+Backspace as well
    >
    > The down arrow (Alt +scrolldown on Windows/Linux) will go down one line
    >
    > As far as I know, there's no way to change the space-pagedown function
    > to half-pagedown.
    >
    > But there are a few other options that could get you close. The first
    > one to come to mind is a bookmarklet of something like:
    >
    > javascript:self.scrollBy(0,300);
    >
    > which would scroll down 300 pixels. You could bookmark that to your
    > toolbar and instead of pressing space, you just click that.
    >
    > The mozless add-on gives you key bindings with functions like the Unix
    > command less (i.e. more). It defaults to D for the half-scroll, though.
    >

    > *Mozless is not yet upgraded for 3.0.2

    Another thing you could try if you want to use the mouse is change the
    number of lines the mouse scrolls in control panel. I know it's not what
    you asked for but it is at least adjustable (but it affects everything,
    of course).

  4. Re: space bar and number of lines

    I've gotten three-line scrolling function by installing keyconfig and
    modifying the prefs.js in firefox 3.0.3:

    1. install keyconfig.xpi from http://mozilla.dorando.at/

    2.add these two lines to C:\Documents and Settings\{your windows
    username}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\...\prefs.js:

    user_pref("keyconfig.main.mykey_ScrollLineUp", "][][VK_UP]
    [goDoCommand('cmd_scrollLineUp');goDoCommand('cmd_s crollLineUp');goDoCommand('cmd_scrollLineUp');");
    user_pref("keyconfig.main.mykey_ScrollLineDown", "][][VK_DOWN]
    [goDoCommand('cmd_scrollLineDown');goDoCommand('cmd _scrollLineDown');goDoCommand('cmd_scrollLineDown' );");

    3.restart firefox and enjoy it.

+ Reply to Thread