Sorting Mails How to - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sorting Mails How to - Mozilla ; Hi there, ist anybody here which has the time and knowledge to explain how to sort INCOMING mails directly. I have found sevreal threads, but there were no answers. I use Thunderbird for work and for me it would be ...

  1. Sorting Mails How to

    Hi there,

    ist anybody here which has the time and knowledge to explain how to
    sort INCOMING mails directly.
    I have found sevreal threads, but there were no answers.
    I use Thunderbird for work and for me it would be important to filter
    incoming emails by Projectnames / Numbers found in the email or in the
    Headline.

    Thanks a lot for Your help.

    Jimmyz

  2. Re: Sorting Mails How to

    Jimmyz wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > ist anybody here which has the time and knowledge to explain how to
    > sort INCOMING mails directly.
    > I have found sevreal threads, but there were no answers.
    > I use Thunderbird for work and for me it would be important to filter
    > incoming emails by Projectnames / Numbers found in the email or in the
    > Headline.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for Your help.
    >
    > Jimmyz

    Use message filters.

    for example. Let's say that you have a project named/numbered P430099
    and that all emails that pertain to it have that in the subject

    Your message filter would then look like this

    P43009

    You can change Subject to Body as well, if not everyone puts the project
    name/number in the subject - of course one hopes the project name or
    number is rather unique

  3. Re: Sorting Mails How to

    Jimmy,

    It can also be helpful to use the extensions Quickfolders and Nostalgy
    if you do not want to create too many Message Filters

    Quickfolders can be used to drag stuff into favourite folders without
    having to navigate the whole folder tree. (its like a tabbed toolbar)

    Nostalgy enables to file by keyboard input, say you have a folder
    "Cust1" or "P123" you can just hit s and start typing the folder name.

    Finally for answering emails have a look at "Copy Sent to Current" with
    this you can answer emails from a folder and the answer is filed there,
    and not in the Sent Items folder.

    hope this helps,
    Axel

    > Hi there,
    >
    > ist anybody here which has the time and knowledge to explain how to
    > sort INCOMING mails directly.
    > I have found sevreal threads, but there were no answers.
    > I use Thunderbird for work and for me it would be important to filter
    > incoming emails by Projectnames / Numbers found in the email or in the
    > Headline.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for Your help.
    >
    > Jimmyz

  4. Re: Sorting Mails How to

    On 24 Sep., 20:35, Axel Grude wrote:
    > Jimmy,
    >
    > It can also be helpful to use the extensions Quickfolders and Nostalgy
    > if you do not want to create too many Message Filters
    >
    > Quickfolders can be used to drag stuff into favourite folders without
    > having to navigate the whole folder tree. (its like a tabbed toolbar)
    >
    > Nostalgy enables to file by keyboard input, say you have a folder
    > "Cust1" or "P123" you can just hit s and start typing the folder name.
    >
    > Finally for answering emails have a look at "Copy Sent to Current" with
    > this you can answer emails from a folder and the answer is filed there,
    > and not in the Sent Items folder.
    >
    > hope this helps,
    > * Axel
    >
    > > Hi there,

    > > ist anybody here which has the time and knowledge to explain how to
    > > sort INCOMING mails directly.
    > > I have found sevreal threads, but there were no answers.
    > > I use Thunderbird for work and for me it would be important to filter
    > > incoming emails by Projectnames / Numbers found in the email or in the
    > > Headline.

    > > Thanks a lot for Your help.

    > > Jimmyz

    Hello again,

    thank you! It helps me out a lot. Sorry for the delay...too much
    work ;-)

+ Reply to Thread