Where are plugins in FF3? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Where are plugins in FF3? - Mozilla ; I have done about lugins and see I have: Mozilla Default Plug-in File name: npnul32.dll Default Plug-in Shockwave Flash File name: NPSWF32.dll Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47 RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) File name: nppl3260.dll RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In RealPlayer Version Plugin ...

  1. Where are plugins in FF3?

    I have done aboutlugins and see I have:

    Mozilla Default Plug-in
    File name: npnul32.dll
    Default Plug-in

    Shockwave Flash
    File name: NPSWF32.dll
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47

    RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    File name: nppl3260.dll
    RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In

    RealPlayer Version Plugin
    File name: nprpjplug.dll
    6.0.12.46

    Adobe Acrobat
    File name: nppdf32.dll
    Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape

    QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia
    content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

    Just to name a few.

    But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    kept FF2)

    All I see is: npnul32.dll

    Where all the others?

    In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

  2. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    On 11.09.2008 22:07 UK Time, Chuck Anderson wrote:

    > Just to name a few.
    >
    > But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    > kept FF2)
    >
    > All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >
    > Where all the others?
    >
    > In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    Hi Chuck,

    I didn't keep FF2, and I have lots of dll files in
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    Perhaps your FF3 uses the existing FF2 plugins?

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:07:56 -0600, Chuck Anderson wrote:

    > Where all the others?
    >
    > In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    I formatted my WinXP last week and installed everything "clean", Fx
    3.0.1 as well.

    | C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins>dir /b
    | np32dsw.dll
    | npnul32.dll
    | npqtplugin.dll
    | npqtplugin2.dll
    | npqtplugin3.dll
    | npqtplugin4.dll
    | npqtplugin5.dll
    | QuickTimePlugin.class
    | ShockwavePlugin.class

    They're all there.

    --
    s|b

  4. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    Chuck Anderson wrote:
    > I have done aboutlugins and see I have:
    >
    > Mozilla Default Plug-in
    > File name: npnul32.dll
    > Default Plug-in
    >
    > Shockwave Flash
    > File name: NPSWF32.dll
    > Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >
    > RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    > File name: nppl3260.dll
    > RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
    >
    > RealPlayer Version Plugin
    > File name: nprpjplug.dll
    > 6.0.12.46
    >
    > Adobe Acrobat
    > File name: nppdf32.dll
    > Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
    >
    > QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    > File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    > The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia
    > content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

    > Just to name a few.
    >
    > But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    > kept FF2)
    >
    > All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >
    > Where all the others?
    >
    > In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    go into the config editor and change:

    plugin.expose_full_path

    to true. Now try plugins again. You should now see
    the full path of those files.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    Chuck Anderson on 9/11/2008 5:07 PM, keyboarded a reply:
    > I have done aboutlugins and see I have:
    >
    > Mozilla Default Plug-in
    > File name: npnul32.dll
    > Default Plug-in
    >
    > Shockwave Flash
    > File name: NPSWF32.dll
    > Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >
    > RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    > File name: nppl3260.dll
    > RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
    >
    > RealPlayer Version Plugin
    > File name: nprpjplug.dll
    > 6.0.12.46
    >
    > Adobe Acrobat
    > File name: nppdf32.dll
    > Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
    >
    > QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    > File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    > The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia
    > content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

    > Just to name a few.
    >
    > But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    > kept FF2)
    >
    > All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >
    > Where all the others?
    >
    > In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    As previously stated, the list in the FF2 install may be providing the
    list. Also, FX 3 may have searched the system and created a new list where
    it pulls the needed DLL from the location of the application that is
    plugging into Fx. That can be confirmed by Peters recommendation, or it
    could confirm the Fx 2 installs plugin folder.

    --
    Ron K.

  6. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Chuck Anderson wrote:
    >
    >> I have done aboutlugins and see I have:
    >>
    >> Mozilla Default Plug-in
    >> File name: npnul32.dll
    >> Default Plug-in
    >>
    >> Shockwave Flash
    >> File name: NPSWF32.dll
    >> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >>
    >> RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    >> File name: nppl3260.dll
    >> RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
    >>
    >> RealPlayer Version Plugin
    >> File name: nprpjplug.dll
    >> 6.0.12.46
    >>
    >> Adobe Acrobat
    >> File name: nppdf32.dll
    >> Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
    >>
    >> QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    >> File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    >> The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia
    >> content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

    >> Just to name a few.
    >>
    >> But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    >> kept FF2)
    >>
    >> All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >>
    >> Where all the others?
    >>
    >> In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins
    >>

    > go into the config editor and change:
    >
    > plugin.expose_full_path
    >
    > to true. Now try plugins again. You should now see
    > the full path of those files.

    Ah yes, I see now. Most are in the application's folder in C:/Program Files

    I keep getting a notice from some sites to upgrade to Adobe Flash 9 ....
    and yet that is the version listed in aboutlugins.

    Shockwave Flash
    File name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47

    Guess I need to reinstall or something. ??

    --
    *****************************
    Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO

  7. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    Chuck Anderson on 9/12/2008 3:33 AM, keyboarded a reply:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Chuck Anderson wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have done aboutlugins and see I have:
    >>>
    >>> Mozilla Default Plug-in
    >>> File name: npnul32.dll
    >>> Default Plug-in
    >>>
    >>> Shockwave Flash
    >>> File name: NPSWF32.dll
    >>> Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >>>
    >>> RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    >>> File name: nppl3260.dll
    >>> RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
    >>>
    >>> RealPlayer Version Plugin
    >>> File name: nprpjplug.dll
    >>> 6.0.12.46
    >>>
    >>> Adobe Acrobat
    >>> File name: nppdf32.dll
    >>> Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
    >>>
    >>> QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    >>> File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    >>> The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of
    >>> multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the
    >>> QuickTime Web site.

    >>> Just to name a few.
    >>>
    >>> But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I
    >>> have kept FF2)
    >>>
    >>> All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >>>
    >>> Where all the others?
    >>>
    >>> In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins
    >>>

    >> go into the config editor and change:
    >>
    >> plugin.expose_full_path
    >>
    >> to true. Now try plugins again. You should now see the full path of
    >> those files.
    >>

    > Ah yes, I see now. Most are in the application's folder in C:/Program
    > Files
    >
    > I keep getting a notice from some sites to upgrade to Adobe Flash 9 ....
    > and yet that is the version listed in aboutlugins.
    >
    > Shockwave Flash
    > File name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll
    > Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >
    > Guess I need to reinstall or something. ??

    If your Flash is truly r47 then it is old as My 9.0 is r127.

    --
    Ron K.

  8. Re: Where are plugins in FF3?

    Chuck Anderson wrote:
    > I have done aboutlugins and see I have:
    >
    > Mozilla Default Plug-in
    > File name: npnul32.dll
    > Default Plug-in
    >
    > Shockwave Flash
    > File name: NPSWF32.dll
    > Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
    >
    > RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    > File name: nppl3260.dll
    > RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
    >
    > RealPlayer Version Plugin
    > File name: nprpjplug.dll
    > 6.0.12.46
    >
    > Adobe Acrobat
    > File name: nppdf32.dll
    > Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
    >
    > QuickTime Plug-in 7.1
    > File name: npqtplugin2.dll
    > The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia
    > content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

    > Just to name a few.
    >
    > But when I look in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.0\plugins (I have
    > kept FF2)
    >
    > All I see is: npnul32.dll
    >
    > Where all the others?
    >
    > In FF2 they are all in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

    The easy way to find that information is to set
    "plugin.expose_full_path" in about:config to true. Then typing
    aboutlugins will give you the pathnames to the plugins.

+ Reply to Thread