    "Old Gringo" wrote in message
    news:beOdnY3mJtPeFSPVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > FireFox has me spoiled.
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.

    although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that the tabs
    start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site causes a crash it
    takes out the tab and not the entire browser

    Bill

  3. Re: Google Chrome

    Bill wrote:
    > For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >
    > although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that the
    > tabs start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site causes
    > a crash it takes out the tab and not the entire browser

    This is a feature you don't like? Try using punctuation!
    --
    Andrew DeFaria
    Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

  4. Re: Google Chrome

    "Andrew DeFaria" wrote in message
    news:U6ednZZlDPDCOCPVnZ2dnUVZ_oLinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Bill wrote:
    >> For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >>
    >> although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that the
    >> tabs start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site causes
    >> a crash it takes out the tab and not the entire browser

    > This is a feature you don't like? Try using punctuation!
    > --
    > Andrew DeFaria
    > Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

    Ah yes the grammar police is at it again.

    My humble apologies oh great one

  5. Re: Google Chrome

    On Or About This Date In History Bill Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    And Pecked Out The Following::
    > "Old Gringo" wrote in message
    > news:beOdnY3mJtPeFSPVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> FireFox has me spoiled.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    > For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >
    > although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that the tabs
    > start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site causes a crash it
    > takes out the tab and not the entire browser
    >
    > Bill

    Funny, I couldn't find the speed.?

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

  6. Re: Google Chrome

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 03.09.2008 18:02, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Old Gringo to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On Or About This Date In History Bill Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    >> And Pecked Out The Following::
    >>
    >>> "Old Gringo" wrote in message
    >>> news:beOdnY3mJtPeFSPVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >>>
    >>> although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that
    >>> the tabs start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site
    >>> causes a crash it takes out the tab and not the entire browser
    >>>
    >>> Bill
    >>>

    >> Funny, I couldn't find the speed.?
    >>

    > hey gringo - Chrome is SO FAST it's gone before you get there...

    It is so fast, it renders and infinite page loop in 10 nanoseconds.

    --
    Sailfish - Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/

  7. Re: Google Chrome

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:25:04 -0400, in mozilla.support.firefox "Bill"
    wrote:

    >For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.

    You like this too?
    http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_P...e_s_EULA_Sucks

    Nico

    --
    Disclaimer: the above is the author's personal opinion and is not
    the opinion or policy of his employer or of the little green men

  8. Re: Google Chrome

    --
    s|b

  9. Re: Google Chrome

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:55:25 -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

    So TB posts HTML on Usenet too eh? The horror...

    --
    s|b

  10. Re: Google Chrome

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:42:05 +0200, Nico Bartels wrote:

    > You like this too?
    > http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_P...e_s_EULA_Sucks

    Ugh. Should have read the rest of the thread first... |-)

    --
    s|b

  11. Re: Google Chrome

    On 03.09.2008 20:33, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused s|b to
    generate the following:? :
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:55:25 -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >

    > So TB posts HTML on Usenet too eh? The horror...

    ummmm - doesn't your newsreader render HTML ?? oh, how primitive

    reg

  12. Re: Google Chrome

    On 03.09.2008 19:42, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Nico Bartels
    to generate the following:? :
    > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:25:04 -0400, in mozilla.support.firefox "Bill"
    > wrote:
    >

    >> For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >>

    > You like this too?
    > http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_P...e_s_EULA_Sucks
    >
    > Nico

    hey - that is simply GREAT STUFF - let's all start producing hard porn
    via Chrome - see what google has to say about that. We will be in the
    clear, as ALL RIGHTS lie with google, your friend

    reg

  13. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    [follow-up set to mozilla.general]

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:35:08 +0200, squaredancer wrote:

    > > So TB posts HTML on Usenet too eh? The horror...

    > ummmm - doesn't your newsreader render HTML ?? oh, how primitive

    You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.

    --
    s|b

  14. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    On 04.09.2008 00:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused s|b to
    generate the following:? :
    > [follow-up set to mozilla.general]
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:35:08 +0200, squaredancer wrote:
    >

    >>> So TB posts HTML on Usenet too eh? The horror...
    >>>

    >> ummmm - doesn't your newsreader render HTML ?? oh, how primitive
    >>

    > You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    > it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    > should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.

    Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??

    anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    Thunderbird to read posts!

    reg

  15. Re: Google Chrome

    On Or About This Date In History s|b Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    And Pecked Out The Following::
    > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:51:08 -0500, Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> FireFox has me spoiled.

    When one has the whole world working on a project it seems like
    it would be the best. Hats off to Mozilla.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

  16. Re: Google Chrome

    On Or About This Date In History Sailfish Stumbled Over To The
    Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 03.09.2008 18:02, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Old Gringo
    >> to generate the following:? :
    >>> On Or About This Date In History Bill Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    >>> And Pecked Out The Following::

    >>> Funny, I couldn't find the speed.?
    >>>

    >> hey gringo - Chrome is SO FAST it's gone before you get there...
    >>

    > It is so fast, it renders and infinite page loop in 10 nanoseconds.

    LOL

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

  17. Re: Google Chrome

    On 04.09.2008 00:58, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Old Gringo to
    generate the following:? :
    > On Or About This Date In History s|b Stumbled Over To The Keyboard
    > And Pecked Out The Following::
    >
    >> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:51:08 -0500, Old Gringo wrote:
    >>

    >>> FireFox has me spoiled.
    >>>

    > When one has the whole world working on a project it seems like
    > it would be the best. Hats off to Mozilla.

    now - who is going to ask "the whole world - can you prove that statement ?"
    Me ? I stopped working 10 years ago, decided it was for nutters!

    reg

  18. Re: Google Chrome

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > FireFox has me spoiled.

    Speed alone makes Chrome worth a look-see. So far, I like what I've seen.

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books

  19. Re: Google Chrome

    Bill wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" wrote in message
    > news:beOdnY3mJtPeFSPVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> FireFox has me spoiled.
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    > For a beat , I like Chrome so far. Much faster than FF and the rest.
    >
    > although it has a few quirks I don't like one good feature is that the tabs
    > start a new process (see task manager) so when a web site causes a crash it
    > takes out the tab and not the entire browser

    How is it at killing ads? Blocking scripts?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  20. Re: Google Chrome

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 03.09.2008 20:33, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused s|b to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:55:25 -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >>

    >> So TB posts HTML on Usenet too eh? The horror...

    > ummmm - doesn't your newsreader render HTML ?? oh, how primitive

    Only if I let them. I don't let them. No, I don't get the "pleasure"
    of the perfumed stationery.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups