Google Chrome - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Google Chrome - Mozilla ; Andrew DeFaria wrote: > Tarkus wrote: >> s|b wrote: >>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:43:44 -0700, Stephen Fox wrote: >>>> Speed alone makes Chrome worth a look-see. So far, I like what I've >>>> seen. >>> Do you like ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 219

Thread: Google Chrome

  1. Re: Google Chrome

    Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> s|b wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:43:44 -0700, Stephen Fox wrote:
    >>>> Speed alone makes Chrome worth a look-see. So far, I like what I've
    >>>> seen.
    >>> Do you like the carpet-bombing flaw as well?

    >> Could you please explain that statement?

    > To answer a question with a question... What would happen if you went to
    > google.com and copy and pasted that very question in then click I'm
    > Feeling Lucky?
    > --
    > Andrew DeFaria
    > Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating
    > rink.

    good point.

    --

    Rick
    Fargo, ND
    N 46°53'251"
    W 096°48'279"

    Remember the USS Liberty
    http://www.ussliberty.org/





  2. Re: Google Chrome

    In article ,
    Rick wrote:

    > > Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a
    > > skating rink.


    I've seen this quote before and being from another place, I don't
    understand what is meant by it.
    Illumination please?
    I appreciate somewhat OT, but then so is Chrome.

    Dave S

    --


  3. Re: Google Chrome

    Dave Symes has written on 9/4/2008 5:10 PM:
    > In article ,
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >
    >>> Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a
    >>> skating rink.
    >>>

    >
    > I've seen this quote before and being from another place, I don't
    > understand what is meant by it.
    >


    He's being ironic. A person who is handicapped isn't able to skate, right?

    But a handicapped person can drive their normal kids to the rink to skate!

    What amuses me is the braille writing on the drive-up ATMs!!

  4. Re: Google Chrome

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 04.09.2008 10:09, Tarkus wrote:
    >
    > --- Original Message ---
    >
    >> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >>> Tarkus wrote:
    >>>> s|b wrote:
    >>>>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:43:44 -0700, Stephen Fox wrote:
    >>>>>> Speed alone makes Chrome worth a look-see. So far, I like what I've
    >>>>>> seen.
    >>>>> Do you like the carpet-bombing flaw as well?
    >>>> Could you please explain that statement?
    >>> To answer a question with a question... What would happen if you went to
    >>> google.com and copy and pasted that very question in then click I'm
    >>> Feeling Lucky?

    >> What would happen if everyone in newsgroups did that? It would be a
    >> pretty boring place, and the newsgroup community would be even more dead
    >> than it already is. In fact, I'd venture to guess most "support"
    >> questions could be answered in the same way.
    >>
    >> If you don't feel like answering my question, feel free to move on. I
    >> don't need a lecture on how to use Google. I'm here to converse, and
    >> such a vulnerability would be better served being talked about here (as
    >> long as the program is being discussed here), rather than pointing
    >> everyone to Google.

    >
    > Thing about it is, the question was already answered by ME. Now, here it
    > is again:
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843


    Thing about it is, I already thanked you for answering the question. In
    fact, I saw - and replied - to your post first.


  5. Re: Google Chrome

    On 04.09.2008 17:21, Tarkus wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > Thing about it is, I already thanked you for answering the question. In
    > fact, I saw - and replied - to your post first.


    Yes, I saw that after I replied here.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org
    Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

  6. Re: Google Chrome

    On 04.09.2008 17:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Tarkus to
    generate the following:? :
    > Andrew DeFaria wrote:
    >
    >> Tarkus wrote:
    >>
    >>> s|b wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:43:44 -0700, Stephen Fox wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Speed alone makes Chrome worth a look-see. So far, I like what I've
    >>>>> seen.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Do you like the carpet-bombing flaw as well?
    >>>>
    >>> Could you please explain that statement?
    >>>

    >> To answer a question with a question... What would happen if you went to
    >> google.com and copy and pasted that very question in then click I'm
    >> Feeling Lucky?
    >>

    >
    > What would happen if everyone in newsgroups did that? It would be a
    > pretty boring place, and the newsgroup community would be even more dead
    > than it already is. In fact, I'd venture to guess most "support"
    > questions could be answered in the same way.
    >
    > If you don't feel like answering my question, feel free to move on. I
    > don't need a lecture on how to use Google. I'm here to converse, and
    > such a vulnerability would be better served being talked about here (as
    > long as the program is being discussed here), rather than pointing
    > everyone to Google.
    >


    hmmm - is this the NG to discuss Google Chrome ??

    reg

  7. Re: Google Chrome

    caver1 wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> S|b wrote:
    >>> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:09:09 -0700, Tarkus wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>> To answer a question with a question... What would happen if you
    >>>>> went to google.com and copy and pasted that very question in then
    >>>>> click I'm Feeling Lucky?
    >>>
    >>>> What would happen if everyone in newsgroups did that?
    >>> Lets try and we'll see what happens...

    >> You're taken to a May 2008 zdnet blog page on the Safari 'carpet
    >> bombing' flaw.

    >
    > It's Sept. 2008. It says -Just hours after release-
    > Caver1


    Not when I did that. Perhaps now.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
    Need a new news feed? http://blinkynet.net/comp/newfeed.html

  8. Re: Google Chrome

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Dave Symes has written on 9/4/2008 5:10 PM:
    >> In article ,
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>> Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a
    >>>> skating rink.
    >>>>

    >> I've seen this quote before and being from another place, I don't
    >> understand what is meant by it.
    >>

    >
    > He's being ironic. A person who is handicapped isn't able to skate, right?
    >
    > But a handicapped person can drive their normal kids to the rink to skate!
    >
    > What amuses me is the braille writing on the drive-up ATMs!!


    You know the reason for that, right? The keypads on those ATMs come from
    the same batch of keypads that go on lobby ATMs.

    (And I'll bet that some skating rinks have found ways to allow people
    who can't walk to skate.)

    --
    David
    Stardate 8679.0

  9. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    >>> it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    >>> should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??
    >>
    >> anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    >> Thunderbird to read posts!

    >
    > This is not even a TB group. You think every user of a moz product is
    > automatically a TB user? You don't want FF users to post to a moz
    > server unless they also use TB?


    Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups. Use the right
    tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.

    ~Inigo

  10. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>>> You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    >>>> it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    >>>> should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??
    >>>
    >>> anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    >>> Thunderbird to read posts!

    >> This is not even a TB group. You think every user of a moz product is
    >> automatically a TB user? You don't want FF users to post to a moz
    >> server unless they also use TB?

    >
    > Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    > both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    > trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups.


    I hear you. The only place I use TB on either Linux or Windows systems
    is for this server. And so I've had to set up leafnode and Hamster,
    respectively, to be able to truthfully maintain the next-to-last line of
    my sig.

    > Use the right tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    > newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.



    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org

  11. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    On 05.09.2008 17:12, King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>>> You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    >>>> it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    >>>> should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??
    >>>
    >>> anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    >>> Thunderbird to read posts!

    >>
    >> This is not even a TB group. You think every user of a moz product is
    >> automatically a TB user? You don't want FF users to post to a moz
    >> server unless they also use TB?

    >
    > Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    > both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    > trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups. Use the right
    > tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    > newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.
    >
    > ~Inigo


    So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    now another for news ... Nah!

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org
    Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

  12. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>>> You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    >>>> it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    >>>> should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??
    >>>
    >>> anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    >>> Thunderbird to read posts!

    >> This is not even a TB group. You think every user of a moz product is
    >> automatically a TB user? You don't want FF users to post to a moz
    >> server unless they also use TB?

    >
    > Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    > both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    > trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups.


    Because it's an excellent Mail & News Reader?

    > Use the right
    > tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    > newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.


    Why get two programs when one will do both? Excellently, I might add, to
    serve all needs.
    I check my mail and newsgroups at the same time, whereas you have to
    pull up another program.
    You use your crap and others use theirs! That should also not be a hard
    concept to grasp!

    BTW, what the hell is an R.O.U.S. (a uk(Lancashire) thing?) ??

    --
    Gus

  13. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    On 05.09.2008 19:48, Gus Richter wrote:

    --- Original Message ---

    > BTW, what the hell is an R.O.U.S. (a uk(Lancashire) thing?) ??


    Rodents Of Unusual Size :-D

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org
    Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

  14. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >>>> You should have made your home work, because for some reason, Forté made
    >>>> it possible to render HTML with Agent. That doesn't mean everybody
    >>>> should go posting crap, sorry, HTML, on Usenet.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Forté - istn't that an ice-cream factory??
    >>>
    >>> anyway - this here is a MOZILLA group - use moz-products such as
    >>> Thunderbird to read posts!

    >> This is not even a TB group. You think every user of a moz product is
    >> automatically a TB user? You don't want FF users to post to a moz
    >> server unless they also use TB?

    >
    > Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    > both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    > trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups. Use the right
    > tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    > newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.
    >
    > ~Inigo


    Nor is it hard to grasp the concept of a program which can do both. If
    one has need for a simple newsgroup reader, for TEXT groups, TB serves
    nicely. For binaries, it is pretty bereft of features. Personally, I
    rather LIKE having both, and I can't see any reason to deal with a 'full
    fledged' newsreader, and its associated complexity, in order to read
    text groups. One need not use TB on newsgroups, so I can't see the harm
    in having the feature for those who find it useful.


    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  15. Re: Google Chrome


    'Blinky the Shark"
    > How is it at killing ads? Blocking scripts?


    Yeah, I was kind of wondering if it would block
    Google Ads in Google searches and Gmail.

  16. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    Jay Garcia wrote:

    >> Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    >> both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    >> trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups. Use the right
    >> tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    >> newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.
    >>
    >> ~Inigo

    >
    > So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    > now another for news ... Nah!


    Why not? they are three DIFFERENT things. Do you use TB to watch DVDs?
    No, you use software that was designed from the start to do the job.

    ~Inigo

  17. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >>> Agreed, FF is a great browser, TB is a good e-mail client (I use
    >>> both), but for the life of me I just dont understand why people keep
    >>> trying to use e-mail software for reading newsgroups. Use the right
    >>> tool for the job, e-mail software for e-mails, newsgroup software for
    >>> newsgroups, it isn't a very hard concept to grasp.
    >>>
    >>> ~Inigo

    >> So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    >> now another for news ... Nah!

    >
    > Why not? they are three DIFFERENT things. Do you use TB to watch DVDs?
    > No, you use software that was designed from the start to do the job.
    >
    > ~Inigo


    don't be silly, TB can't view DVDs!

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  18. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    On 2008-09-07, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    >> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>> So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    >>> now another for news ... Nah!

    >>
    >> Why not? they are three DIFFERENT things. Do you use TB to watch DVDs?
    >> No, you use software that was designed from the start to do the job.

    >
    > don't be silly, TB can't view DVDs!


    No good for news either.

    --
    Carl

  19. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    Carl Drud wrote:
    > On 2008-09-07, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    >>> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>>> So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    >>>> now another for news ... Nah!
    >>> Why not? they are three DIFFERENT things. Do you use TB to watch DVDs?
    >>> No, you use software that was designed from the start to do the job.

    >> don't be silly, TB can't view DVDs!

    >
    > No good for news either.
    >


    no, thats where you're wrong. It's good enough for me,
    and many, many others, too.

    --
    *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email
    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech
    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/mp3/p-potamus.mp3
    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  20. Re: Google Chrome [OT]

    Carl Drud wrote:
    > On 2008-09-07, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> King of the R.O.U.S.'s wrote:
    >>> Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>>> So now we need three applications, one for browsing, one for email and
    >>>> now another for news ... Nah!
    >>>
    >>> Why not? they are three DIFFERENT things. Do you use TB to watch DVDs?
    >>> No, you use software that was designed from the start to do the job.

    >>
    >> don't be silly, TB can't view DVDs!

    >
    > No good for news either.
    >

    I find it better than any news reader I've tried. I've even tried even
    some exotic stuff like YA or MW News Watcher. and I've tried in the past
    to see if I could with Entourage.

    I still come back to either Thunderbird or SeaMonkey.

    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phillip M. Jones, CET http://www.vpea.org
    If it's "fixed", don't "break it"! mailtojones@kimbanet.com
    http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/default.htm
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast