Loss of settings in 1.1.11 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Loss of settings in 1.1.11 - Mozilla ; Having closed my computer normally last night this morning on rebooting and opening SM it had lost all my settings, even this news group! :-( Luckily I use MozBackup so was able to restore from a few days ago. The ...

  1. Loss of settings in 1.1.11

    Having closed my computer normally last night this morning on rebooting
    and opening SM it had lost all my settings, even this news group! :-(
    Luckily I use MozBackup so was able to restore from a few days ago. The
    only difference when SM reloaded was that a pop up from InfoRSS
    Extension (1.1.3) occurred. Any ideas please as to where the trouble may
    lie, and how to avoid in future?

  2. Re: Loss of settings in 1.1.11

    Broadbackl wrote:
    > Having closed my computer normally last night this morning on rebooting
    > and opening SM it had lost all my settings, even this news group! :-(
    > Luckily I use MozBackup so was able to restore from a few days ago. The
    > only difference when SM reloaded was that a pop up from InfoRSS
    > Extension (1.1.3) occurred. Any ideas please as to where the trouble may
    > lie, and how to avoid in future?

    I had about the same, my Seamonkey 32bits 1.1.11 crashed, and i could
    not get it to work, but each day i make a backup on my usb disk (300GB)
    so i had not lost too much... but but my 32bits seamonkey was gone, and
    i could not to work again, after restore my home directory, i did loose
    only a few hours work.
    But the Fedora guys did a very good job, on version 9 they deliver (with
    yum) a 64bit seamonkey with a whole buch of plugins... not flash, but
    that is up to adobe.
    a nice way of backing up is: go to /home: find gertjan | cpio -dump [usb
    disk]

    sincerly

    --
    GJ