    Is there a way to sync the desktop to the laptop?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Synching Desktop w/Laptop?

    On 2008-08-21, Pete Holsberg wrote:

    > I just got back from a week's vacation during which I checked emails on
    > my laptop.
    >
    > Now, I have a zillion messages on my desktop, almost all of which I've
    > already seen (on my laptop).
    >
    > Is there a way to sync the desktop to the laptop?

    If your mail service offers IMAP, this is unnecessary since your mail
    stays on the server and appears the same regardless of which machine or
    mail software is used to access it.

    If your current mail service does not offer IMAP, Google's free gmail
    service does. Just forward your current mail box to your gmail account.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: Synching Desktop w/Laptop?

    Pete Holsberg wrote:

    > I just got back from a week's vacation during which I checked emails on
    > my laptop.
    >
    > Now, I have a zillion messages on my desktop, almost all of which I've
    > already seen (on my laptop).
    >
    > Is there a way to sync the desktop to the laptop?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Microsoft's free SyncToy program will sync any two (or more) directories
    across a network if you're using Windows. I use mine to sync my photos
    and other data across a WiFi network, but it should work with any files
    and any directories. There are several options - full sync, overwrite etc.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to e-mail