http-on-modify-request not send if local XHR is performed - Mozilla

This is a discussion on http-on-modify-request not send if local XHR is performed - Mozilla ; Hi, The subject pretty much says it all so, just to be clear. I am not receiving http-on-modify-request event when I am issuing a local XHR on a test page which is also local (file:///C:/...) I this a bug or ...

  1. http-on-modify-request not send if local XHR is performed

    Hi,
    The subject pretty much says it all so, just to be clear. I am not
    receiving http-on-modify-request event when I am issuing a local XHR
    on a test page which is also local (file:///C:/...)

    I this a bug or the event isn't sent on purpose? Is there another way
    how to monitor these XHRs?

    See this issue in Firebug for more details:
    http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1084

    Honza

  2. Re: http-on-modify-request not send if local XHR is performed

    Jan Odvarko wrote:
    > Hi,
    > The subject pretty much says it all so, just to be clear. I am not
    > receiving http-on-modify-request event when I am issuing a local XHR
    > on a test page which is also local (file:///C:/...)
    >
    > I this a bug or the event isn't sent on purpose? Is there another way
    > how to monitor these XHRs?
    >
    > See this issue in Firebug for more details:
    > http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1084
    >
    > Honza

    there is a reason the topic is named *http*-on-modify-request and not
    *allprotocols*-on-modify-request, so this is not a bug from what I see.
    You should have the same issue with ftp

    I don't know if there is actually a way to get file: (or any other
    protocol)... But I guess there is not.
    nsIChannelEventSink only receives redirects IIRC.

    However some very hackery way may be to override (parts of) IOService or
    FileChannel (AsyncOpen comes to mind as a way to wrapping the indented
    StreamListener with your own which will then process OnStartRequest or
    whatever).

    Cheers
    Nils

+ Reply to Thread