Tabs - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Tabs - Mozilla ; I tried googling tabs & prefs and scanned through a dozen or so pages but could not find what I was looking for. There used to be a way to have only one red xd square to close tabs. It ...

  1. Tabs

    I tried googling tabs & prefs and scanned through a dozen or so pages
    but could not find what I was looking for. There used to be a way to
    have only one red xd square to close tabs. It showed up on the far
    right open tabs. Clicking this square would close the current tab.
    Currently, I have a red Xd square for every tab. I am trying to find
    the line I add to my prefs. js file to change it to just one red xd
    square. Anyone have a clue to what I am babbling on about?

    Michael

  2. Re: Tabs

    Michael wrote: I tried googling tabs & prefs and scanned through a dozen or so pages but could not find what I was looking for.  There used to be a way to have only one red x´d square to close tabs.  It showed up on the far right open tabs.  Clicking this square would close the current tab.  Currently, I have a red X´d square for every tab.  I am trying to find the line I add to my prefs. js file to change it to just one red x´d square.  Anyone have a clue to what I am babbling on about?

    Michael

    Never mind . . .  Found it.

    user_pref("browser.tabs.closeButton", 0);

    0 - Display a close button on the active tab only
    1 - Display a close button on each tab (default)
    2 - Don’t display any close buttons
    3 - Display a single close button at the end of the tab bar (Firefox 1.5 behavior)

    Thanks to Daniel Tome´s blog @

    http://www.danieltome.com/blog/2007/...ng-close-tabs/

  3. Re: Tabs

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:19:19 -0500, Michael wrote:

    > I tried googling tabs & prefs and scanned through a dozen or so pages
    > but could not find what I was looking for. There used to be a way to
    > have only one red xd square to close tabs. It showed up on the far
    > right open tabs. Clicking this square would close the current tab.
    > Currently, I have a red Xd square for every tab. I am trying to find
    > the line I add to my prefs. js file to change it to just one red xd
    > square. Anyone have a clue to what I am babbling on about?

    See:

    I think you're after the value "3" and can be changed in about:config
    or prefs.js

    user_pref("browser.tabs.closeButtons", 3);

    --
    Rom

+ Reply to Thread